B-robot EVO. OFF ROAD version
12-29-2017, 02:05 PM
RE: B-robot EVO. OFF ROAD version
(12-29-2017 09:33 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Thanks for this Monty. Got a pair
:-D

I am still having intermittent issues with my kit:
- bot just falls over while driving straight
- intermittent bot won't power up

I have followed the B-Robot recent thread, where it was suggested to check the IMU, shield and Leonardo solder joints. I have reflowed the IMU, shield IMU i2c connections, and checked the Leonardo solder connections. It appears my issue is similar to the other post - if I just touch the IMU cable - I can sometimes get the bot working for a while, but if it falls over - it may not respond (arm doesn't work, and if I pick it up the motors don't spin to balance the bot again).

Monty
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2018, 11:30 AM
It is probably a IMU problem. If the robot suddenly falls that means:
1) low battery (discarded)
2) Incorrect angle value coming from the IMU: cable disconnected/ faulty IMU
I will stick with the second option as you have already indicated that the B-robot sometimes does not power up.
Please check the IMU headers (back face) are not touching the metallic case of the WIFI module. If you want you can solder the i2c cables to the IMU. Alternative: let us know a delivery address and we will send you a replacement of the IMU
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-02-2018, 03:13 PM
(01-02-2018 11:30 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  It is probably a IMU problem. If the robot suddenly falls that means:
1) low battery (discarded)
2) Incorrect angle value coming from the IMU: cable disconnected/ faulty IMU
I will stick with the second option as you have already indicated that the B-robot sometimes does not power up.
Please check the IMU headers (back face) are not touching the metallic case of the WIFI module. If you want you can solder the i2c cables to the IMU. Alternative: let us know a delivery address and we will send you a replacement of the IMU

Thanks - I sent PM with my shipping address for a replacement IMU (and cable too)

Monty
Find all posts by this user