Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Assembly Problems
06-11-2016, 06:58 PM
Assembly Problems
Hello,

I am trying to work through assembly with my kids but running into some problems. I have the BASIC kit.

#1 - It says that the servos are pre-calibrated and also pre-cut, however mine were not. The first one was easy enough, but if I have to cut the angles one myself, does it matter what angle I should cut it at?

#2 - Should I also assume that they haven't been calibrated? If so, how do I calibrate them?

#3 - I don't see any black eraser material that it stated was included. Should I just find some sticky felt?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2016, 10:15 AM
RE: Assembly Problems
(06-11-2016 06:58 PM)bill@kattaekwondo.com Wrote:  Hello,

I am trying to work through assembly with my kids but running into some problems. I have the BASIC kit.

#1 - It says that the servos are pre-calibrated and also pre-cut, however mine were not. The first one was easy enough, but if I have to cut the angles one myself, does it matter what angle I should cut it at?

#2 - Should I also assume that they haven't been calibrated? If so, how do I calibrate them?

#3 - I don't see any black eraser material that it stated was included. Should I just find some sticky felt?
Sorry, the basic kit does not have the pre-cut servos arms :-\
Cut them as indicated here:
[Image: servos-cut.jpg]
At the end of this page, you will find info about how to calibrate the servos:
http://jjrobots.com/iboardbot-assembly-instructions/
And sorry, the basic kit does not include the black eraser material. It comes like this (but, yes maybe we should have included the wiper material on it...)
[Image: 31f0159cb61b06a310d29898936184e1_origina...46a2686f2e]
But we will happily send you some if you want (contact us at info@jjrobots.com)
It is regular sticky felt. Easy to get on many online shop
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply