Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Own server
06-09-2016, 09:18 PM
Own server
For those interested: I am creating my own serverside component. It's created in java.

You can find it here:
https://github.com/mtoonen/IBoardBotServer

At the moment we've finished the basic communition between server and the IBB, and the IBB draws a line and returns to base position.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-10-2016, 11:56 AM
RE: Own server
(06-09-2016 09:18 PM)mtoonen Wrote:  For those interested: I am creating my own serverside component. It's created in java.

You can find it here:
https://github.com/mtoonen/IBoardBotServer

At the moment we've finished the basic communition between server and the IBB, and the IBB draws a line and returns to base position.

Very interested! Will it be able to support larger/custom sized writing surfaces?
06-10-2016, 12:14 PM
It's definitely a possibility. At the moment it is a prototype (it only draws a line Smile), but I've made an issue on the githubpage so I won't forget about it. Any more ideas?
06-10-2016, 01:26 PM
(06-10-2016 12:14 PM)mtoonen Wrote:  It's definitely a possibility. At the moment it is a prototype (it only draws a line Smile), but I've made an issue on the githubpage so I won't forget about it. Any more ideas?

Being able to access more real estate is my number one wishlist item, as I would like to build a bigger version to use in my pediatrics office (the nurses currently put rooming information on a 36" X 24" glass write on/wipe off board, and I think the kids would love to see that done by an iBoardBot).

If there was a way to represent segments of the larger board in the UI, so that a user could, for example, place a new message in the top right, if there was an existing message in the top left, that would be amazing.

Another useful feature would be automatic erasing of the existing message when a new one is sent.

Anyway, I'm sure I could keep listing pie in the sky ideas. If I had a better understanding of the programming requirements, I might try on my own, but I know my limitations! I'll be watching your progress with interest.
08-24-2016, 01:54 PM
Hello, I wonder if the server can work as support utf-8, to recognize the characters:

ç
à
ã
õ
â
ê
?
08-28-2016, 01:47 PM
I think I already made UTF-8 the used character set, so diacritics won't be a problem :-).