Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[Source]iBoardbot Clock (C#)
05-21-2016, 08:31 AM
[Source]iBoardbot Clock (C#)
Hi,

I could not find any documentation on an 'api', but i made a simple clock for iBoardbot using the web interface, which only redraws the part that has been updated.

It can be found at: https://github.com/ViezeVingertjes/iBoardBot-Clock

Kind regards,
Michael
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-21-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: [Source]iBoardbot Clock (C#)
Excellent job! Works perfect Big Grin

Michael released the code just half an hour before I saw his excellent work. But I'm not that into C#,compiling and getting things like this to work so I send him an email and he helped me instantly...Cool. He made it easy for people like me Wink and uploaded a release of his code so the only thing I had to do is go to CMD prompt and execute the iBoardBot.exe with my APP ID after it...and suddenly my iBoardBot was a cool clock.

Again thank you Michael for your work and your help.
05-21-2016, 12:06 PM
Great to hear that & no problem! Smile

The same code could more or less work for a analog-type clock.
Maybe it's a good exercise to get into coding!

I am currently looking through the code on the Arduino itself, pretty nice.
Some speed settings are not maxed out, so that's something nice to try monday in the office he-he. #Yolo
05-21-2016, 12:22 PM
Cool! Could someone, please, upload the .exe so I can use it too please? Sounds a great app! I LOVE MY IBOARDBOT. It is very versatile. I will try to max the drawings speeds too :-D
05-21-2016, 01:07 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 01:08 PM by Sander.)
You can go to his Github where his release can be downloaded : LINK

When you download the ZIP file unpack it where you can find it again, then open up CMD-prompt and type in : iBoardBot.exe YOURAPPIDHERE
05-21-2016, 01:22 PM
Yes, that works.
I did not expect people to use the .exe, but if this is the case, i probably could make the settings configurable. (like font, font size etc)
05-21-2016, 01:49 PM
(05-21-2016 01:22 PM)ViezeVingertjes Wrote:  Yes, that works.
I did not expect people to use the .exe, but if this is the case, i probably could make the settings configurable. (like font, font size etc)

I tried to compile the code on Github myself but actually I didn't know where to start ... But I'm trying to learn everyday and I'm looking into the code itself also and try and understand what is going on in there.
05-21-2016, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 04:10 PM by ViezeVingertjes.)
You can download Visual Studio here: https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/downl...io-vs.aspx
The community edition should do... i think... once installed, it's as simple as opening the .sln (solution) file, and pressing Build.

It should download the needed libraries etc automatically and build the .exe, which can be found in the bin/debug/ directory afterwards.

(You might need to select C# in one of the installer steps, as this is the language i program in)
05-21-2016, 05:09 PM
I get :

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
Error CS0103 The name 'CsQuery' does not exist in the current context iBoardBot C:\Users\PC\Desktop\iBoardBot-Clock-master\Helpers\BoardClient.cs 89 Active
Error CS0103 The name 'CsQuery' does not exist in the current context iBoardBot C:\Users\PC\Desktop\iBoardBot-Clock-master\Helpers\BoardClient.cs 103 Active
Has that something to do with selecting that C# installer steps? (because I can't find that Wink
05-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Ah, no thats a 'NuGet' package, which should have been downloaded automatically.
Try to restore it manually, it should work. http://i.stack.imgur.com/uedbb.png

That said, i have updated the source + a new release, where all the settings can be configured in the .config file supplied with the executable.