Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Links for parts
05-19-2016, 02:16 PM
Links for parts
Hello,

It would be super helpful if you could post amazon.com links to purchase all of the needed parts for those of us with the bare bones kit. Some aren't so easy to find and I don't want to end up with pieces that don't quite fit.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2016, 10:47 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2016 10:50 AM by bluegecko.)
RE: Links for parts
agreed completely some hints where to find stuff would be very helpful.
also I was looking for the Velcro sticker in the kit and could not find anything. come on guys at least give us some idea what thing to use here and guessing that these stickers are worth a couple of pennies simple including them in the kit would have been awesome so it feels a bit like a kit thrown together without much consideration. I would have swapped the Velcro with the gummi Bears (melted and reconfigured in a new shape once arrived in Australia anyway....).

the description seems to be good though a simple table what needs to be sourced for each version of the kit with ticking boxes would have been good.
finally aluminium tubes with do 6 mm are really difficult to find here in Australia any hint here would be appreciated...

one more thing. in the description it is mentioned that the servos are preconfigured. in my kit the servos were not cut at the sides as shown so I assume they were not preconfigured. so would be great to know which position is preconfigured. I assume they have to be centered but please let me know if I am correct or not here.
05-22-2016, 11:24 AM (This post was last modified: 05-22-2016 11:33 AM by ViezeVingertjes.)
In here (Netherlands) you can pretty much buy or order all the parts in 1 place, they all have it.
They are all 3D printing related, if that helps, so are the 6mm tubes, which is pretty much the standard for DIY printers.

If this is not the case in your country, most DIY printers are build with these 'shafts'.
RepRap is one of the examples.

http://www.amazon.com/6x200mm-linear-pri...=6mm+shaft

Please note: i dont know if steel is too heavy for the servo, that lifts the pen holder. I would go with hollow brass tubes.
http://www.amazon.com/Slide-Fit-Brass-Tu...s=6mm+tube
05-22-2016, 11:39 AM
hi ViezeVingertjes,

thanks for the hint but I felt in the same "trap" and thought 6 mm shafts should be fine but unfortunately the things need to be tubes =hollow as the cable are routed through the tubes. hollow brass I need to check they might be easier to get. for some reason though Australia is mostly metric I seem to find only 6.35 mm aluminium tubes do not ask me why...

anyway I really appreciate your post and effort,

regards, Bernd

(05-22-2016 11:24 AM)ViezeVingertjes Wrote:  In here (Netherlands) you can pretty much buy or order all the parts in 1 place, they all have it.
They are all 3D printing related, if that helps, so are the 6mm tubes, which is pretty much the standard for DIY printers.

If this is not the case in your country, most DIY printers are build with these 'shafts'.

Please note: i dont know if steel is too heavy for the servo, that lifts the pen holder. I would go with hollow brass tubes.
05-22-2016, 11:52 AM
Try a local RC shop for hollow tubes alu or brass
05-22-2016, 11:55 AM
(05-22-2016 11:39 AM)bluegecko Wrote:  hi ViezeVingertjes,

thanks for the hint but I felt in the same "trap" and thought 6 mm shafts should be fine but unfortunately the things need to be tubes =hollow as the cable are routed through the tubes. hollow brass I need to check they might be easier to get. for some reason though Australia is mostly metric I seem to find only 6.35 mm aluminium tubes do not ask me why...

anyway I really appreciate your post and effort,

regards, Bernd

(05-22-2016 11:24 AM)ViezeVingertjes Wrote:  In here (Netherlands) you can pretty much buy or order all the parts in 1 place, they all have it.

bluegecko send us an email to info@jjrobots.com whith a list of what you would need.
Regarding the stickers: Noted. We will include them in the basic KITs from now on. You can use Felt fabric for the wiper (look for "Sheets Sticky Back Self Adhesive Acrylic Felt Fabric" in Amazon)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-24-2016, 01:40 PM
hi jjrobot,
thanks for sending me the missing tubes.
one more question as I currently printing the parts. is it possible to get the 3D files or vector images of the case as well as it is quite easy to 3D print the case I think if the drawings would be available.

thanks again,
Bernd
05-24-2016, 05:12 PM
(05-24-2016 01:40 PM)bluegecko Wrote:  hi jjrobot,
one more question as I currently printing the parts. is it possible to get the 3D files or vector images of the case as well as it is quite easy to 3D print the case I think if the drawings would be available.

thanks again,
Bernd
There you go. You will have to lay the model down before printing it.
.rar  iboardbot CASE.rar (Size: 12.39 KB / Downloads: 10)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2016, 12:30 PM
(05-24-2016 05:12 PM)jpedroc Wrote:  
(05-24-2016 01:40 PM)bluegecko Wrote:  hi jjrobot,

thanks again,
Bernd
There you go. You will have to lay the model down before printing it.

awesome thanks a lot.
almost finished the assembly Cool
05-26-2016, 02:17 PM
Hi,
thanks for the case part. but would it be possible to print the case to get also the svg or drawings of the laser cut/acrylic parts as either I find someone to cut it for me or I 3D print them. what thickness has the acryl sheet?

thanks again
bluegecko

ps not a biggy I just noticed that in my kit one of the header of the jj robot HAT was not soldered at all may something to check in future kits. it was fine on one side but not in the other.