Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
not vertical
12-18-2015, 01:06 AM
not vertical
Hi,

I have the EVO version and I don't understand why most of the time it is not vertical when I help it to stand up !
I waited 10s without touch it before, so why it is a little bent (and go forward) and finally not stabilized ?

An idea ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2015, 03:38 PM (This post was last modified: 12-18-2015 06:15 PM by cho934.)
RE: not vertical
(12-18-2015 01:06 AM)cho934 Wrote:  Hi,

I have the EVO version and I don't understand why most of the time it is not vertical when I help it to stand up !
I waited 10s without touch it before, so why it is a little bent (and go forward) and finally not stabilized ?

An idea ?

Another thing, I tried to use the second tab and the red PID adjustment, but it is like these settings are stored, and I don't succeed to reset them, even after a reset !!
Now I changed batteries, and it's almost ok, sometimes it's working, sometimes the b-robot is bent...
Is it possible to calibrate the device ?
12-19-2015, 12:55 PM
Yes, you can calibrate your mpu6050 and write this data into code. But this will not help if your robot isn`t vertical. Calibrating only minimise autocalibration time and you will be able run your robot without calibration delay at start.
Angled robot can be fixed with right balancing all components, battery etc. If you have poor balancing, you can correct this with little angled mpu6050 or some angle_adjusted correction in code.
07-09-2016, 10:19 PM
Just finished building the BRobot, it doesn't stand vertical it kind of lean forward and keep going. where do I set the vertical value? is it MAX_TARGET_ANGLE? If I look into the serial console and have the robot vertical and I should use that value?

Thanks in advance!
07-10-2016, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 07-10-2016 07:13 AM by jimmy.)
Some times it work perfectly other times it keep leaning forward and struggle to stay vertical. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,
07-11-2016, 03:14 PM
(07-10-2016 06:55 AM)jimmy Wrote:  Some times it work perfectly other times it keep leaning forward and struggle to stay vertical. Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

Jimmy, could you attach a video and photos of your setup?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2016, 04:08 PM
@jpedroc, Will post the video and photos later day. so as I understand it BRobot is configured self balanced at the start after the calibration we do not need to do any tuning? mine seems the vertical angle value is wrong most of the time.

Thanks,
Jimmy
07-11-2016, 04:10 PM
Nice. A video of the turning on process a and the photos help a lot.
Yes, the B-robot should be working perfectly after assembling (if everything is ok...)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-11-2016, 06:26 PM
@jpdroc, I am using wheels from lego which is 81.6 mm, will it be the problem? what is the size of your 3D printed wheels?
07-11-2016, 08:30 PM
Sometime I got the same issue. There is more than one way to resolve this problem. You can add trim slider on your osc control panel and you will be able correct vertical position manualy. Second way is add some lines of code for auto correction.