Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it?
01-01-2018, 02:51 PM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2018 02:58 PM by arielclemente.)
Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it?
I have just recently installed the arm and its servo. However, when I tested it, it kicked upward rather than downward so there's no way to stand the brobot up. It always kicked on the opposite when it lays down.

I watched the assembly tutorial video and I'm sure the orientation of my servo is correct. How can I correct this and make it kicked downward to stand the b-robot up.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2018, 11:02 AM
RE: Arm's servo is reversed. How to correct it?
The "kicking" orientation of the servo is dictated by the angle value sent by the IMU. It looks like your IMU has been placed rotated 180º. Could you send a photo of your setup (brain shield + cables + servo location)?
Or... maybe the servo has been placed on the "other" side? (I had to ask! :-P)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-03-2018, 09:44 AM (This post was last modified: 01-03-2018 09:50 AM by arielclemente.)
(01-02-2018 11:02 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  The "kicking" orientation of the servo is dictated by the angle value sent by the IMU. It looks like your IMU has been placed rotated 180º. Could you send a photo of your setup (brain shield + cables + servo location)?
Or... maybe the servo has been placed on the "other" side? (I had to ask! :-P)

Thanks Admin for replying. Yeah, you are right. I had placed the servo on the other side, I thought there'll be no difference whichever side I put the servo. I had never actually took too much attention on the video tutorial. My board is a DIY one, using Arduino Pro Micro, ESP-07 and MPU6050. I tried reversing my circuit board and re-oriented my stepper motors headers and it worked.
Find all posts by this user
01-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Good! enjoy your robot!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user