Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Apps for iOS and Android
01-01-2018, 01:40 AM
Apps for iOS and Android
I was trying to figure out the state of the different phone apps for controlling the robot.

From what I can tell the options are:
jjrobots: The free Android app publish by jjrobots. It seems to fully control the bbot (and other robots) including the servo arm.

Roverbot: Free iOS app made by a member of the community, drives the bbot fine though it doesn't seem to have a way to control the servo arm (it's written for his own variation of the robot?).

TouchOSC: A ~$5 Android/iOS app that is highly configurable and can be configured to control the bbot (presumably with full functionality). Though it's not clear what the app actually does.

I was wondering if there were sources available for either the jjrobots or Roverbot app? For iOS if the Roverbot is just written for a different version of the bbot it should be straightforward to make it run the servo arm. Also, is there any official repo or docs for the TouchOSC solution? All I could find is the forum thread.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2018, 10:58 AM
RE: Apps for iOS and Android
You have made a good recap of the current status.

For the roverbot source code: you will have to ask the creator (Xuyen) for it . We are working on an iOS version right now but it is a little bit tricky to comply with all the things APPLE requires (beside the annual payment! ). Keep that APP free is going to be...complicated.
TouchOSC: There is info here about how to configure it https://www.jjrobots.com/osctouch-app-configuration/. We know TOUCHOSC is not a free APP but as you have indicated it is quite powerful if you want to create your own layout (for any iOS or Android device)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply