Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
return to cap
12-23-2017, 01:05 AM
return to cap
I think it would be great if there was a cap that the resting pen could be put in. This way the pen will stay fresh for a long time,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2017, 04:21 PM
RE: return to cap
We tried that but it made not noticeable difference (at least for the Staedtler 351 pen). We designed a "3 sides cap" but it was a little bit tricky to place in the right position (the iboardbot can be assembled with some offsets depending on the 3D printer used).
Actually, it can be made as the iboardbot rest/return in/to the same place after drawing. If you decide to create this cap and need help, just ask :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-28-2017, 01:05 AM
I just gave my son an iBoardBot for Christmas and, hoping to extend the life of the marker, I wrapped all but the last 2mm or so of the tip with black electrical tape. I figure leaving only the very tip exposed reduces the surface area from which the ink can evaporate.

The writing isn't effected at all, so I'll see how long it lasts. I have it set up with IFTTT as, among other things, my son's alarm clock!
12-28-2017, 06:21 PM
(12-28-2017 01:05 AM)Chris3D Wrote:  I just gave my son an iBoardBot for Christmas and, hoping to extend the life of the marker, I wrapped all but the last 2mm or so of the tip with black electrical tape. I figure leaving only the very tip exposed reduces the surface area from which the ink can evaporate.

The writing isn't effected at all, so I'll see how long it lasts. I have it set up with IFTTT as, among other things, my son's alarm clock!

A 3D part to cover the tip (almost completely) is something easy to do. Keep us updated on how it goes! ;-)