Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The robot does not start in the starting position
10-10-2017, 11:42 PM
The robot does not start in the starting position
Hi
my problem is that the robot does not star in the initial position. I can see in the serial port, that is in the center of the x axis but it is displaced about 80 mm to the right, really. The test does it correctly.
I do not know if the problem is of configuring the code or the app.
Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2017, 05:46 PM
RE: The robot does not start in the starting position
Hi Rober,
Can we have more info? can you send photos+video of your setup?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2017, 07:38 PM
Hi,
I have found the problem. I'm making a bigger table (100x600mm). Now I am using the Beta version of the APP and it seems that it is going well. I have to fix some mechanical problem, because it can not move very fast.
I suppose the nema 17HD34008 engines do not work well, I will try other larger ones.
Thanks
10-13-2017, 10:20 AM
(10-12-2017 07:38 PM)rober Wrote:  Hi,
I have found the problem. I'm making a bigger table (100x600mm). Now I am using the Beta version of the APP and it seems that it is going well. I have to fix some mechanical problem, because it can not move very fast.
I suppose the nema 17HD34008 engines do not work well, I will try other larger ones.
Thanks
Good. I have left some tips in another thread in the case you need more power:
1) Adjust the output current of the A4988 stepper motor drivers (rotating the small screw on the top): You can get up to 20% more power doing this.
2) Increase the Voltage of the whole system (you can connect to the Arduino a power supply of 15 volts instead of the regular 12V) But! keep the FAN always blowing over the electronics. They get hot
3) Replace the stepper motor drivers A4988-> DRV8825 (more info here:http://reprap.org/wiki/A4988_vs_DRV8825_Chinese_Stepper_Driver_Boards). The DRV delivers more current than the A4988 increasing the power of the motors
4) Reduce the accelerations of the robot (via Arduino CODE). The stepper motors are skipping steps as they can not move as fast as required.
5) Replace the stepper motors: short NEMA17 to long NEMA17 (like these ones:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Longs-Motor-5pcs-nema17-stepper-motor-75oz-in-wire-1m-cable-1-5A-for-3D-cnc-/201622915336?hash=item2ef1a98908:g:-PwAAOSwyKxXhvXk)

Keep us updated! a bigger table is a little bit challenging ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2017, 02:38 PM
Thanks, I'll keep you updated.