Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
brain shield v3.0 (Devia)
05-17-2017, 07:14 AM
brain shield v3.0 (Devia)
Hello,
I have a question regarding the power supply of your brain shield card.

If I am not mistaken, the 12v 2 amp transformer supplied with the shere-o-bot is to be connected to the arduino, in addition to the USB.

All other shields that I know require a separate power supply from the arduino, not to mix control and power.

Could you explain to me how your shield is designed for this, and what is the V in of the shield for?

Thanks Smile
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-25-2017, 06:20 PM
RE: brain shield v3.0 (Devia)
The brain shield is protected again power surges and short circuits no matter where they come from (Vin or power plug). The USB port is isolated from the 12V plug so there are not problems here connecting both at the same time

The Vin in the Brain shield can be used both to power up everything or as an alternative Voltage source when the power supply is connected.
(05-17-2017 07:14 AM)Tchoun Wrote:  Hello,
I have a question regarding the power supply of your brain shield card.

If I am not mistaken, the 12v 2 amp transformer supplied with the shere-o-bot is to be connected to the arduino, in addition to the USB.

All other shields that I know require a separate power supply from the arduino, not to mix control and power.

Could you explain to me how your shield is designed for this, and what is the V in of the shield for?

Thanks Smile
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply