Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Calibration for bigger table
04-03-2017, 02:13 PM (This post was last modified: 04-03-2017 02:14 PM by cmyguel.)
Calibration for bigger table
Without sucess, I tried to modify te configuration.h file to make it work in a bigger table.

The table you recomend is 89cmx43cm.
I´m using a 107cmx52cm table now.

I scaled the following values (see image) using a 1.2 ratio, but it doesn´t seem to work (nor make any difference as far as I can notice). Movements are clumsy, and the robot stops before reaching the edges, and sometimes, before hitting the puck.

Can you please shed some light on it?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-04-2017, 04:06 PM
RE: Calibration for bigger table
Hi, I suposse that you are using the Android APP to control de robot.
The problem is that the actual app only works for the default table size.
We are currently working on the next version of the app. On this new version the users could configure a custom table size...

Jose.

(04-03-2017 02:13 PM)cmyguel Wrote:  Without sucess, I tried to modify te configuration.h file to make it work in a bigger table.

The table you recomend is 89cmx43cm.
I´m using a 107cmx52cm table now.

I scaled the following values (see image) using a 1.2 ratio, but it doesn´t seem to work (nor make any difference as far as I can notice). Movements are clumsy, and the robot stops before reaching the edges, and sometimes, before hitting the puck.

Can you please shed some light on it?
04-05-2017, 03:43 PM
I understand.

Do you have a dead line, or any idea of when the new version of the app will be ready?
04-05-2017, 05:53 PM
Here you go:
The BETA Version of the new version: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Dzr-...kJJbFhSQ0U
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-19-2017, 03:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-19-2017 03:43 PM by cmyguel.)
For the record, I designed and printed new bigger pulleys to fit the new size of the table using hardware.
I tried your BETA version, but seems a little buggy. There is no way to "save" the new table size in the config panel: If you change the values and go back, the default values will be there again.
Now I'm having issues with the camera marker recognision, as it's been reported already in other topics.
04-22-2017, 09:36 AM
Hi, yes the old BETA version had some bugs, please try this new one that store the new table values...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Dzr-...kk4NDRFNWc

Jose

(04-19-2017 03:39 PM)cmyguel Wrote:  For the record, I designed and printed new bigger pulleys to fit the new size of the table using hardware.
I tried your BETA version, but seems a little buggy. There is no way to "save" the new table size in the config panel: If you change the values and go back, the default values will be there again.
Now I'm having issues with the camera marker recognision, as it's been reported already in other topics.
04-24-2017, 02:50 PM
Awesome! I will try it as soon as I can. Unfortunatelly my Brain Shield seems to be broken. There is no wifi signal. Not sure what happend, maybe changing the pulleys (20% bigger) overloaded the board (?). Is this a known issue? Can it be fixed, or should I get a new shield?
07-18-2017, 05:14 AM
(04-22-2017 09:36 AM)JoseJulio Wrote:  Hi, yes the old BETA version had some bugs, please try this new one that store the new table values...
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3Dzr-...kk4NDRFNWc

Jose

(04-19-2017 03:39 PM)cmyguel Wrote:  For the record, I designed and printed new bigger pulleys to fit the new size of the table using hardware.

Hey - I was wondering if you had an updated version of this app - I'm trying to run in on a Pixel XL that's on the 3rd Developer Preview of Android O - and I'm running into issues with the camera limited to about 5.2 FPS

On other devices (running Nougat and Lollipop, I'm able to get 30 fps with the same setup, but I can't get it working on Android O)

Would it be possible to update the app or am I running into a different issue?

Thanks!
07-19-2017, 07:09 PM
Hi,
Well, noted but honestly... that will have to wait a little bit. We do not have a way (right now) to debug the APP on an Android 0 :-\
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user