Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Various Tuning Questions
03-27-2017, 03:16 AM
Various Tuning Questions
I have the unit somewhat operable on two configurations:

Galaxy 10.1 Tab/w and Lenovo/Phab II Pro -- Tango model. Both models are too large for the suspension arm and I am using a tripod w/camera view from the H-bot side.

The Galaxy device screen layout is Landscape and the app opens and configures in landscape.
The PhabII device layout is typical cellphone (portrait), but the app opens and configures in landscape.

Question#1: Does the app always use Landscape for the table calibration?
Galaxy/App will intecept puck and knock it back, but the Phab/App refuses to. Both Galaxy and Phab/Apps work with manual control and position to the correct relative position on the manual-control screen (rapid motion, no slippage, no noise).

iow. is there anything else I can check on the PhabII configuration?

Question#2: During play there is a calibrate robot and puck option which states to move the yellow to the location (either robot or puck). How is this done?

I've tried every option of drag, swipe and pick but the screen always seems to return a yellow box the size of the table (perhaps table calibrate).

Question#3: The Galaxy can track and meet the puck but often can either miss, or not push back hard enough to really get the puck to move to the other side. There are times where the robot is in defensive position and puck is on robot's side, but it doesn't go after it. Is there a way to make the robot more agressive? push harder? it is in Hard mode.

The robot seems pretty peppy in manual mode. I have adjusted the current amps but the pots seem to be either one-turn, and/or roll over. Can you give some insight as to how to properly tune the motors if you suspect this to be a factor? 1/8th turn, etc...

iow. For the "initial move button" what pattern are we to expect? what range of motion? should stop position = start position. Perhaps this is the first place to start.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2017, 09:54 PM
RE: Various Tuning Questions
Hi,
Question1: Yes the app is developed only for landscape configuration. You need to use your device on landscape mode.
We have not tested on all android devices, but on most android >= 5.1 version usually works well. On same devices it works better because the camera driver implements some usefull functions like the manual ISO control that let us take a better control of the camera.
Question2: You should put the puck or robot color exactly on the center cross(inside the circle) and the app capture this color value. We have tested that this often fail (the color is out of specs) and the actual version of the app doesnt store this parameter properly. Now is recommended to use the default colors. We are working right now on the next version of the app that will solve this issue.
Question 3: Sometimes the robot doesn´t attack the puck specially when the puck is near a wall or near the robot max extent. (or behind the robot). You could modify the arduino code to make more agressive, now is a bit conservative

In manual mode the robot limits it´s acceleration a bit lower than in autonomous mode. This is because if the robot stepper motors loss steps in manual mode, the robot could not recover this situation. In normal autonomous mode, the robot could correct for missing steps on the motor using the smartphone camera. Anyway you should adjust your stepper drivers in order to use all the motor power.
The "initial move button" makes a predefined pattern that is only usefull to know if the robot miss steps (usually because the robot doesn´t run smooth or the drivers are not correctly adjusted). Stop posutino= start position, as I remember... no
You should notice that you need to put the robot on the "home" position at start (middle on x, and minimun on y)

Jose
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply