Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
B-Robot updated 3D files
03-20-2017, 01:58 PM
B-Robot updated 3D files
Hey guys,

I recently got my B-Robot Evo Kit and it works great! My 6-yo son and I are having a lot of fun!

Of course, we want to do robot fights, therefore I also ordered a second Brain Shield and I'd like to build a second B-Robot with it. :-)

I printed the 3D files from Thingiverse ( http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1069256 ), but the STL files there seem to be from an older B-Robot version. E.g. the battery box on my B-Robot kit (6xAA) is located between the steppers and the arduino, but in the STL files, it's supposed to be located on the electronics shelf (8xAA).

Furthermore, the servo connector on the Battle Arms that I printed are too big for the MG09 servos on my B-Robot kit.

Can you please update the STL files on Thingiverse to the newest version, please?

Thanks a lot!
Christian
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-20-2017, 05:40 PM
RE: B-Robot updated 3D files
Hi Christian!
Nice! Big Grin We have been racing lately with the B-robots EVO 2. Having a lot of fun too (video attached: potato quality) :-D

.mp4  testing the new CODE (agility) .mp4 (Size: 8.68 MB / Downloads: 42)

Anyway, regarding the latest EVO 2 3D parts models. You can find them here: https://www.jjrobots.com/b-robot-evo-2-assembly-guide/

We still need to make them official as we finish to test the new Google Blockly feature (testing here: http://ibbapp.jjrobots.com/brobot/index.html)

Others:
We are adapting the WAR arms to the new model.Not 100% tested yet. But in the meantime , find a file attached with some add-ons we got from other MAKERs (we will have to name them as contributors!) and some we have made by ourselves. If you want to print them, please feel free to do so.

There is a .STL model of a cone we are using to delimit custom race circuits. Attached too. We will add to the Webpage some Challenges to achieve with your B-robot EVO 2 (depending on the PID configuration, it will be easier to do)

Attached File(s)
.rar  War ADD-ONS.rar (Size: 1.03 MB / Downloads: 15)
.zip  Traffic_Cone.zip (Size: 84.68 KB / Downloads: 10)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-20-2017, 06:14 PM
Thanks a lot!
05-07-2017, 05:18 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2017 05:19 AM by roachslayer.)
I applaud the progress and versioning, but I gotta say, it's impossible to determine what is the latest version for any and _all_ JJRobots bots! Even if the latest is not needed, it's impossible to determine versions. Between Thingverse, Github, Instructables, the Forums and the Website/guides, bits and pieces in various states exist all over the web!

Please, guys, get this in order for the sake of humanity. Smile There should ever only be one "source of truth", and I shouldn't need to do file diffs and read for hours just to sort this out. But also seriously, I am impressed with what you've accomplished here and am a satisfied customer. Keep up the good work.
05-08-2017, 12:41 PM
:-D
We are currently working on that! We are trying to "stabilise" stocks here in Europa and USA (mrobotics.io) and it is taking a little bit. Once the B-robot EVO is released we will sort everything out. Promise!
The Arduino CODE has been made completely compatible backwards so all the comments in the forum can be used for both versions
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user