Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Calibration questions
02-10-2017, 10:22 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2017 10:57 PM by jeoslislo.)
Calibration questions
Hi,

The calibration directions could be clearer.

To calibrate the puck it says "Place the yellow circle within the puck and touch the screen." Does this mean put the puck into the center of the board before selecting "Calibrate the puck" and then touching the yellow circle?

To calibrate the robot it says "Place the yellow circle within the colored robot tag." How do you do this? The yellow circle doesn't appear to be draggable. Do you rotate the motors by hand to get the robot to the center of the board and then select "Calibrate the robot" and then touch the yellow circle?

Can you clarify these steps for me?

Thanks, Jim

I had been trying to calibrate the puck and robot with the cellphone in the holder on top of the aluminum tube. It occurred to me to handhold the phone and put it right above the targets. Is this the correct method?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-13-2017, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 02-13-2017 10:39 AM by JJrobots JP.)
RE: Calibration questions
Well,
Actually, you have to move the smartphone until the foamĀ“s shape covers all the calibration circle. Take a look to the image attached (use it as a reference)
After doing this for both features (robot and puck), place the smartphone in its holder.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-13-2017, 03:29 PM
OK thanks, by the way, can the colors for the puck and robot be interchanged? The app seams to have a harder time finding the smaller blue disk on the robot. And is the size of the disks important? Can the size of the disk on the robot be increased to facilitate it's tracking?

Thanks, Jim
02-16-2017, 11:35 AM
The PS3 version (http://www.jjrobots.com/air-hockey-robot...de-v-1-0/) allows you to modify all the parameters (disk sizes, colors...everything) but the smartphone version has some ...limitations (the size of the disks can not be changed as the smartphone is actively looking for those sizes). But yes,with the APP, you can interchange the colors for the puck and robot

Try to improve the light a little if your robot seems to have difficulties detecting the disks (more uniform) ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-05-2017, 06:00 PM
Hello.
Does the application remember the calibrated colors of the puck and the robot?
When I turn on the program again, I need to calibrate colors again.