Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Feedback
02-05-2017, 11:23 PM
Feedback
I've got my air hockey robot up and running. Sort of. It doesn't really play very well, it kind of jiggles back and forth for 5 or 10 seconds before it ventures to hit the puck. Also it does not venture very far from the goal and never goes more than a quarter of the way down the table. I was wondering if the blue spot on the robot's paddle should be horizontal or perhaps angled back so that the cell phone can see it better. I have a flood light illuminating the board to try and make the lighting as good as possible. It seems like there is an accurate vector being drawn on the cell phone screen from the robot's paddle to the puck more or less continuously.

Does anyone else have any tips or suggestions?

Thanks, Jim
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2017, 09:56 AM
RE: Feedback
Hi Jim,
Could you attach a video?
Looks like the camera is not detecting the puck/pusher all the time properly: that explains the erratic behaviour.
Are the dimensions of the Air hockey table correctly calibrated?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-07-2017, 10:27 PM
Could you attach a video?

First things first. I have attached a video of the "H" test pattern. Does this look correct?

Thanks, Jim

Attached File(s)
.mp4  Untitled3.mp4 (Size: 6.47 MB / Downloads: 37)
02-10-2017, 10:58 AM
(02-07-2017 10:27 PM)jeoslislo Wrote:  Could you attach a video?

First things first. I have attached a video of the "H" test pattern. Does this look correct?

Thanks, Jim

Yes, that is correct. Looks like there is not friction. Next step: could you send a video of the Air hockey robot playing?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-20-2017, 12:24 PM
Hi, I'm trying to make it work, but at the moment it moves only a little bit. I have pressed the test button, but moves only a little bit. When I get home I will post a video.
02-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Hi all,
I'm still struggling. When I put a small pulley, then it moves ok, although slow. If I put a 36 tooth on, then it looses steps, and doesn't go to the right position.
04-05-2017, 06:03 PM
The robot has been designed for the default pulley, if you change the number of teeth it will misbehave:
If I were you:
- I would change the Arduino Code adapting it to your new pulley
- I will increase the power delivered by the stepper motor drivers (adjusting the output current via Voltage reference)