Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[FIXED] Issues with Y-Axis
06-22-2016, 06:47 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 08:51 AM by JJrobots JP.)
[FIXED] Issues with Y-Axis
Hello everybody,

I recently finished building my iBoardBot and was excited to test it. With the first few text messages everything went fine, except that the pen was always drawing a line when it moved. So there was no "space" between letters or between the standby position and the start of the text.

I tried to adjust the servos to get rid of these lines but it was not working. So I disassembled some parts checked the manual again and put everything together again. But now, it was even worse...

The Y-Axis is not working correctly anymore. There is a strange sound when the motor tries to pull the pen to the top. And it is sometimes not working because the belt is just jumping over the moterhead. I tried different tensions for the belt but no adjustment helped. When I now write a text it is not in one line because the Y-Axis is not working correctly. At first everything was on one line but with additional drawing lines again. After the adjustments also the text is no longer in one line and the additional drawing lines still exist.

I tried to disassemble the belts and look for some friction and there was some. So I moved the drawing header a couple of times and it seemed the friction was not there anymore. At the first run to clear the board it seemed to work smooth but with the second time I had the same issues that the drawing header was not moving correctly on the Y-Axis (as described above). I can also feel some friction when the belt is assembled and I try to move the header manually. There is one area on the aluminium tubes where its get stuck and the motor is not strong enough to move it over there, even by hand it is sometimes hard to move it over that point.

Any ideas what I can do with that?

Regards,
Bernd
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-23-2016, 12:54 PM
RE: Issues with Y-Axis
had a similar issue with too much friction which I solved by simply using a drop of silicon oil at the bushings.

or you may need to adjust the voltage for the motors ( see the forum post on the issue).

good luck!

(06-22-2016 06:47 AM)Woodie Wrote:  Hello everybody,

I recently finished building my iBoardBot and was excited to test it. With the first few text messages everything went fine, except that the pen was always drawing a line when it moved. So there was no "space" between letters or between the standby position and the start of the text.

I tried to adjust the servos to get rid of these lines but it was not working. So I disassembled some parts checked the manual again and put everything together again. But now, it was even worse...

The Y-Axis is not working correctly anymore. There is a strange sound when the motor tries to pull the pen to the top. And it is sometimes not working because the belt is just jumping over the moterhead. I tried different tensions for the belt but no adjustment helped. When I now write a text it is not in one line because the Y-Axis is not working correctly. At first everything was on one line but with additional drawing lines again. After the adjustments also the text is no longer in one line and the additional drawing lines still exist.

I tried to disassemble the belts and look for some friction and there was some. So I moved the drawing header a couple of times and it seemed the friction was not there anymore. At the first run to clear the board it seemed to work smooth but with the second time I had the same issues that the drawing header was not moving correctly on the Y-Axis (as described above). I can also feel some friction when the belt is assembled and I try to move the header manually. There is one area on the aluminium tubes where its get stuck and the motor is not strong enough to move it over there, even by hand it is sometimes hard to move it over that point.

Any ideas what I can do with that?

Regards,
Bernd
06-24-2016, 06:57 AM (This post was last modified: 06-24-2016 07:25 AM by Woodie.)
Thanks for you help. The y-axis works now with the oil. Unfortunately it still has additional lines when it writes or draws. Any idea how to solve that? I already tried to adjust the servo but that doesnt help. Either it draws nothing or i had still the additional lines. It seems the servo at the bottom does Not work.
06-24-2016, 12:20 PM
(06-24-2016 06:57 AM)Woodie Wrote:  Thanks for you help. The y-axis works now with the oil. Unfortunately it still has additional lines when it writes or draws. Any idea how to solve that? I already tried to adjust the servo but that doesnt help. Either it draws nothing or i had still the additional lines. It seems the servo at the bottom does Not work.
Hi Woodie
Do you hear 3 hisses coming from the servo during the iBoardbot´s starting up stage? It should move a little. If not: swap the servo´s connector on the Brain Shield so you can check if the servo if not working: swap servo1 for servo2

And the servo´s cable extenders: are they properly connected?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-25-2016, 07:07 AM
I checked the cables and connections again. I put one of the servo cables wrong into the connector. Now everything works smooth. Thanks for your fast help.