Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
Reduced MAX_SPEED_X and Y for smoother working
05-23-2016, 08:26 AM
Reduced MAX_SPEED_X and Y for smoother working
I just reduced the MAX_SPEED settings of the X and Y, some guys like faster and I like running lower and smoother.
My MAX_SPEED_X is from 30000 back to 22000, and my Y is from 15000 to 12000.
all is done in configuration.h and uploaded the updated files.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2016, 08:35 AM
RE: Reduced MAX_SPEED_X and Y for smoother working
Does it affect the amount of noise it makes?
Because for me personally, that would also be a good reason to lower it i think.
05-23-2016, 08:54 AM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2016 09:13 AM by Sander.)
It reduced some noise. But I didn't measure that Smile but because it moves smoother I'm sure some noise is reduced.

Maybe we can tune the ACCELERATION settings to reduce sound/noise and a smoother working machine. I'm going to test it tonight. Smile
05-23-2016, 10:26 AM
Yes! Aside I love my iboardbot I would like to share this other thing with you: I have swapped the regular and reliable A4988 stepper motor drivers for the TMC2100 (the same I am using for my 3D printer) and I have considerably reduced the noise made by the stepper motors. The only thing to keep in mind: this TMC2100 drivers has two outputs in different locations so you will have to swap the order of two wires in the motor´s cables. E.g: Blue and Green - > Green, blue
05-23-2016, 11:04 AM
(05-23-2016 10:26 AM)JohnQ Wrote:  Yes! Aside I love my iboardbot I would like to share this other thing with you: I have swapped the regular and reliable A4988 stepper motor drivers for the TMC2100 (the same I am using for my 3D printer) and I have considerably reduced the noise made by the stepper motors. The only thing to keep in mind: this TMC2100 drivers has two outputs in different locations so you will have to swap the order of two wires in the motor´s cables. E.g: Blue and Green - > Green, blue

Looks like a great upgrade for the future, I will try to buy them once I can find them in the Netherlands.
06-07-2016, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 06:58 AM by Maestro74.)
(05-23-2016 10:26 AM)JohnQ Wrote:  Yes! Aside I love my iboardbot I would like to share this other thing with you: I have swapped the regular and reliable A4988 stepper motor drivers for the TMC2100 (the same I am using for my 3D printer) and I have considerably reduced the noise made by the stepper motors. The only thing to keep in mind: this TMC2100 drivers has two outputs in different locations so you will have to swap the order of two wires in the motor´s cables. E.g: Blue and Green - > Green, blue

I just see that the drivers must be inserted differently because the PIN assignment is different.

Just have the two wires are swapped green and blue, or is even more to consider when replacing the stepper motor driver?

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

06-07-2016, 09:11 AM
(06-07-2016 05:58 AM)Maestro74 Wrote:  

I just see that the drivers must be inserted differently because the PIN assignment is different.

Just have the two wires are swapped green and blue, or is even more to consider when replacing the stepper motor driver?

The pins are the same but it looks like, when you are connecting the motor driver, that they are different because the location of the adjustment screw.

See the photo attached. The cables order has been changed and the position of the screw too:

06-07-2016, 10:08 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 10:36 AM by Maestro74.)
Lightbulb RE: Reduced MAX_SPEED_X and Y for smoother working
Thank you for the support. I will then try the same times.

I thought my iBoard is defective upon exchange of the stepper motor driver. There is almost nothing more to hear when writing. What a difference with the new stepping motor driver. It's like day & night. Thank you for the tip! I can only recommend to anyone to replace the stepper motor driver! Smile