Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[FIXED] Upper limit too high?
05-19-2016, 10:37 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 09:17 AM by JJrobots JP.)
[FIXED] Upper limit too high?
Hi,

Great fun tinkering with the board!

One thing I noticed: when drawing an image (like the world map example) which just abouts fits on the glass, the upper few centimeters (I think about 5 cm) are being drawn above the glass.

I tried putting the glass somewhat higher in the legs, but that only partly solves the problem.

Anybody else has this?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-19-2016, 11:01 AM
RE: Upper limit too high?
Looks like you are setting the drawing header starting position too high?
Check this out: http://jjrobots.com/wp-content/uploads/2...24x556.jpg

Could you send a picture, it will help :-)
05-19-2016, 11:34 AM
Sorry, forgot that might be useful... Angel
Here are 3 pictures:
Shows the starting position, the image drawn (starting from the starting position) and the offset at the legs.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-19-2016, 01:14 PM
(05-19-2016 11:34 AM)mtoonen Wrote:  Sorry, forgot that might be useful... Angel
Here are 3 pictures:
Shows the starting position, the image drawn (starting from the starting position) and the offset at the legs.

Looks like a "belt not tense enough" problem. Check the tension of the belts, from the images and the way the iboardbot is drawing looks like they are too loose.
And set the glass completely inside the legs, that doesn´t really fix the issue ;-)

The same drawing with the belts set with the correct tension:

I hope it helps
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-19-2016, 02:25 PM
Hi,

Tightened the belts, much clearer image! Thanks!

However, it still thinks the glass is higher (and so the image is being "cut off"). Any thoughts?

I've added 2 images: in one you see the board drawing above the glass, and in the other you see the final result (with much straighter lines, and thus a sharper image).

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-19-2016, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 05-19-2016 02:33 PM by Sander.)
You got your pen holder upside down...pen supposed to be on the bottom and not the way you have it. So deassemble the pen holder and turn it 180 degree
05-19-2016, 02:41 PM
(05-19-2016 02:32 PM)Sander Wrote:  You got your pen holder upside down...pen supposed to be on the bottom and not the way you have it. So deassemble the pen holder and turn it 180 degree

Ah, good catch! That part came assembled, so didn't think the problem was there. Thanks!Big Grin
05-19-2016, 02:44 PM
(05-19-2016 02:41 PM)mtoonen Wrote:  
(05-19-2016 02:32 PM)Sander Wrote:  You got your pen holder upside down...pen supposed to be on the bottom and not the way you have it. So deassemble the pen holder and turn it 180 degree

Ah, good catch! That part came assembled, so didn't think the problem was there. Thanks!Big Grin
You're welcome Smile