Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
[FIXED] iBoardbot not responding
05-16-2016, 05:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2016 09:49 AM by JJrobots JP.)
[FIXED] iBoardbot not responding
Hi all,

Hopefully someone can help me. I have built the iboardbot and configured it to my wifi successfully. However, the orange light on the back is continuing to flash and the APP returns a REPAIR!ER error when I try to send text to the iboardbot.

It is possible that I have the two servo wires in the wrong connectors since when the extender is on with the sleeve it is not possible to tell which is which. Also the building guide shows two ways to connect the motors - I assume one is wrong but I didn't know which to use.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Stu

Edit: I forgot to say I have tried the servo and motor wires both ways round with no success.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-16-2016, 06:22 PM
RE: iBoardbot not responding
Stu, I just finished to assembled my iBoardbot and no problems so far.
What do you mean with " two servo wires in the wrong connectors since when the extender is on with the sleeve it is not possible to tell which is which."? Just follow the cable from the origin to the end. If you do not want to do that (like I did) just check the stand-by positions of the servos once the iBoardbot is ON.
I have connected the motors like this: http://jjrobots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/65.jpg And worked.
If the orange led is blinking that means the iBB is not connected to internet.
05-16-2016, 08:11 PM (This post was last modified: 05-16-2016 08:26 PM by Stu.)
(05-16-2016 06:22 PM)JohnQ Wrote:  Stu, I just finished to assembled my iBoardbot and no problems so far.
What do you mean with " two servo wires in the wrong connectors since when the extender is on with the sleeve it is not possible to tell which is which."? Just follow the cable from the origin to the end. If you do not want to do that (like I did) just check the stand-by positions of the servos once the iBoardbot is ON.
I have connected the motors like this: http://jjrobots.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/65.jpg And worked.
If the orange led is blinking that means the iBB is not connected to internet.

Thanks John - I have now got the iboardbot connected - it seems my wifi is harder to connect to than I thought - I was trying to connect it to a 5GHz connection!

Unfortunately I still have 2 problems:

1) The 'eraser' does not rub out the board pen lines even though the pad is rubbing on the glass. I am using the supplied pens and recommended glass.

2) The pen does not write on the board because the eraser head is always touching the board and does not move out of the way. I have used the troubleshooting on the instructions to check alignment of the heads and they seem ok.
05-17-2016, 08:27 AM
Can you see, during the starting up stage (when you hear the hisses coming from the Lifting servo) how the LIFTING servo (not the eraser) moves three times? I mean,the first time I connected both servos all the way around and they worked, of course, oddly. If the eraser head is always touching the glass means:
1) Your servos are not connected or connected incorrectly (but if they are connected switching places, both should move during the drawing procedure)
And just in case, did you stick the small wiper on the eraser?
Try to draw a dashed line, the lifting servo has to work as the pen draws it.
Keep in mind that the servos alignment you saw in the instructions is what you have after turning ON the iboardbot and wait after they set theirs orientation.