Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
iBoardbot STL files
03-22-2016, 10:04 AM (This post was last modified: 04-12-2016 03:59 PM by JJrobots JP.)
iBoardbot STL files
Some iBoardbot´s 3D parts.
All have been tested and printed using CURA 15.04.2 with these parameters/setup:
- PLA filament (rigid.ink)
- 0.5 Nozzle
- Layer height: 0.25
- Shell thickness: 1.2
- Fill density: 30%
- No support

GITHUB Repository with the 3D parts:
https://github.com/jjrobots/iBoardbot
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-26-2016, 05:31 PM
RE: iBoardbot STL files
I noticed an issue with the "top RIGHT support.stl" file in my slicer (S3D) and it seems the slot/hole for the linear rod has reversed faces and could possibly affect how this part prints depending on what slicer is used.

I have fixed the model using Sketchup and have the stl file ready to share. Please let me know if you would like a copy or of I can post it here somewhere.

Thanks much!
Find all posts by this user
03-27-2016, 01:09 PM
(03-26-2016 05:31 PM)glutenfree Wrote:  I noticed an issue with the "top RIGHT support.stl" file in my slicer (S3D) and it seems the slot/hole for the linear rod has reversed faces and could possibly affect how this part prints depending on what slicer is used.

I have fixed the model using Sketchup and have the stl file ready to share. Please let me know if you would like a copy or of I can post it here somewhere.

Thanks much!

Yes, upload it to this forum so we can have a look to it.
Did you try to print it? any issues with thie S3D?

Thanks
03-27-2016, 06:40 PM (This post was last modified: 03-28-2016 06:14 AM by glutenfree.)
(03-27-2016 01:09 PM)jpedroc Wrote:  Yes, upload it to this forum so we can have a look to it.
Did you try to print it? any issues with thie S3D?

Thanks

I wasn't able to find the attach button yesterday but it was easy to find right now so I attached the repaired .stl file (top RIGHT support). I will be printing the parts very soon. I had loaded the files into S3D and noticed the reversed faces on that part so that is why I haven't started printing yet.

I will surely start a build thread here for my iBoardBot once I get some prints going.

edit:I added a revised "eraser v5.stl" file here as I noticed just before slicing a couple reversed faces. I double checked the rest of the parts and they look great. Slicing now and printing tomorrow!

.rar  repaired stl.rar (Size: 59.36 KB / Downloads: 18)
05-13-2016, 08:36 PM
I just uploaded a few more files that I fixed as S3D identified them as non-manifold (I found a couple small holes and/or reversed faces)

Fixed them up with Sketchup and about to start printing the rest of my iBoardbot

Enjoy!

Attached File(s)
.rar  iBoardBot Fixed STL.rar (Size: 334.26 KB / Downloads: 6)
05-14-2016, 06:24 PM
(05-13-2016 08:36 PM)glutenfree Wrote:  I just uploaded a few more files that I fixed as S3D identified them as non-manifold (I found a couple small holes and/or reversed faces)

Fixed them up with Sketchup and about to start printing the rest of my iBoardbot

Enjoy!
Thanks,
We will print then with Cura in order to check they still are compatible with that software package and upload them to GITHUB ;-)
https://github.com/jjrobots/iBoardbot
05-19-2016, 06:38 PM
Just printing a new set if parts to match my Yellow Glass, and found error with "bed support drawing header", I'm using Simplify3D, anyway fixed the stl, attached...

Attached File(s)
.zip  belt support drawing header_fixed.zip (Size: 7.98 KB / Downloads: 10)
06-08-2016, 08:21 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2016 11:58 PM by plusulli.)
Hello can get the CNC data for Electronic case parts. Top+ bottom (acrylic) and laterals (white colour in this case) ?
07-23-2016, 07:17 PM
I can't slice the top left support in S3D. Any suggestions for fixing or S3D settings. S3D reports some problems but won't fix them.
Thanks!
07-25-2016, 09:18 AM
Top left support after using the MAKE_IT_PRINTABLE APP from thingiverse here: http://www.thingiverse.com/download:2462491
New Arduino CASE we have designed (can be used to cut via CNC) here: http://www.thingiverse.com/download:2610709