Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
not vertical
07-11-2016, 09:11 PM
RE: not vertical
@sasa999, I thought BRobot code already had the auto correction built in, maybe jpedroc can put a trim on the OSC or maybe add a potentiometer on the robot to manually adjust it value.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2016, 01:17 AM (This post was last modified: 07-12-2016 02:28 AM by jimmy.)
Here is my setup!

Here's the video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWgvPjlcISs

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

07-12-2016, 09:21 AM
Jimmy, after watching the video I would say there are two possible issues:
- Centre of gravity : try to turn it on keeping the battery on your hand instead on the top shelf. Does it behave in the same way? Maybe the battery is to high for the current B-robot parameters
- The IMU is not working properly: could be that the IMU is sending data with the angle shifted several degrees (very unlike but possible)

Check the centre of gravity
07-12-2016, 03:36 PM
I did try the battery off the body, I think the IMU must be the problem looks like it never at zero. If I use the TouchOSC and lower the throttle all the way down which is the opposite direction it helps but not stabilize. Is there anything we can do in the code?

Thanks,
07-13-2016, 04:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-13-2016 10:15 PM by jimmy.)
The kit I received both Leonardo (replaced previously) and now the IMU, both are bad (maybe x-ray damaged during shipping?), after replacing the IMU and placed it off the shield and the bot starts to work a lot better, it finally stand up vertical and balancing but forward/backward left/right are reversed, I had to modify TouchOSC and reversed all controls in the layout.

https://youtu.be/4_no6NBrwmw
07-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Jimmy, we have sent you a private message
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-14-2016, 04:23 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2016 09:39 PM by jimmy.)
ok, my JBot is working balance and stable but there is a little oscillating, does anyone knows which parameters I should make the adjustment? try to educate myself on this as well.

Thanks,