Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Turn Devia-Board 90°??
05-22-2020, 07:02 PM
RE: Turn Devia-Board 90°??
Yippie Big Grin it works as it should. Thanks for your help. I've added a
provisionally steering rod and it is balancing itself. Maybe it's useful for other people how to flip the board around 45° clockwise. I'm sure some other also need this info for their own projects... so can we mark this thread as done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FivVj0QISKA
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-23-2020, 01:31 PM
Today finished the upper steering rod and tested with some weight to move the center of gravity to the middle. Code needs still some time to test different angle values and I think I have to make a driver figure with variable weight to improve the center of gravity. Hope you can help me after the lockdown? If somebody wants it I will share my CAD files too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32JluN-9nMY
05-23-2020, 02:35 PM (This post was last modified: 05-23-2020 02:37 PM by JJrobots JP.)
Very good progress! The comment of Jason was a very good point. The centre of gravity has to be above the wheels' axis.
Keep us updated!
If you want, we can write a post about this project on the frontpage. Send us the CAD files and arduino code. Of course, we will mention you as the project creator!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-25-2020, 01:16 PM
Thanks. Yes, an own post about this project would be great. The last days I've spent many hours with drawing in CAD. Now my printer makes some prototypes. Fender, luggage rack and bigger wheels are also drawn. For the weights in the center of gravity I will scale up a LEGO figure as driver. Maybe the driver have to be filled with sugar or similar to improve the driving behaviour. When all is finished I will send you all CADs and STLs and my code.

Apparently Jason and you are understands the B-Robot code much better than me, so maybe you could give me some tips for my other robot project, also here in the forum, named "iB1". I've created an thread some weeks ago because I hoped somebody can give some help to improve the raise-up procedure. The PIDs are trimmed and driving is ok, but raise-up could be much better.

This is the link for my other project
http://forums.jjrobots.com/showthread.php?tid=2495
05-25-2020, 04:48 PM
What voltage is the battery on iB1?
05-25-2020, 07:39 PM
Voltage is the same like my b-robots, a lipo 11,1v 1000mah. Why do you ask?
05-26-2020, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 05-26-2020 01:07 PM by justjason.)
I built a fairly heavy robot. Originally it ran on 12v. I had issues with the raise up as the motors would loose steps. From the video, it looks like you have the same issue. I fixed my raise up issues by using a cheap dc-dc boost converter to power the stepper drivers with 24v. This allows a higher step frequency and eliminates the problem of missed steps.
My board was not a standard Devia board.
Some of the things I also tried:
Ran 1/8th micro steps ( need to change the config and hardware settings)
Increased the driver current to 90% of max rated motor current
Increased the ready angle for raise up so the servo arms helped more to lift the robot before the motors kicked in ( you have two arm/servos , no?)
05-27-2020, 08:58 PM
No, the arms of "iB1" are only fake because in the shoulder part wasn't so many room to mount two servos. So I raise up the robot manually, holding him on his head and rock him careful forwards and backwards till he stands by his own. My motor drivers are at 90% too and because I don't have a bigger battery so I can only tweak the software. I will try and write a post in the iB1 thread if raise up is better.