Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Getting refund for returned kit
05-05-2020, 03:04 PM
Getting refund for returned kit
Hello Fellow enthusiasts,

I returned my Robot kit a month ago to the same location that it was sent from. The Robot Kit would not function after many tries. The company refuses to send me a refund. Have any of you had this same problem? Can you suggest any recourse? I am considering more actions. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Gerald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-05-2020, 09:08 PM
RE: Getting refund for returned kit
(05-05-2020 03:04 PM)grs311 Wrote:  Hello Fellow enthusiasts,

I returned my Robot kit a month ago to the same location that it was sent from. The Robot Kit would not function after many tries. The company refuses to send me a refund. Have any of you had this same problem? Can you suggest any recourse? I am considering more actions. Thanks in advance for your answers.

Gerald
Hi, we asked you to send the kit back to the "source" office in UK (as stated in the RMA email), but you sent it back to California. The San Diego office is just a distributor of our products, they do not have a technician there, so that was the reasons all the Kits to be inspected/returned have to be sent to the original shipping location.
It will take some time before we can check the kit before proceeding to refund due to the Covid19 situation.
We expect to take a look at it this week.
Sorry for any inconvenience
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-05-2020, 09:24 PM
(05-05-2020 09:08 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(05-05-2020 03:04 PM)grs311 Wrote:  Hello Fellow enthusiasts,

Gerald
Hi, we asked you to send the kit back to the "source" office in UK (as stated in the RMA email), but you sent it back to California. The San Diego office is just a distributor of our products, they do not have a technician there, so that was the reasons all the Kits to be inspected/returned have to be sent to the original shipping location.
It will take some time before we can check the kit before proceeding to refund due to the Covid19 situation.
We expect to take a look at it this week.
Sorry for any inconvenience

This kit WAS NOT sent to me from the UK, it was sent from the US. You have already stated that they are your distributor. The shipping cost was 15$. The cost to ship from the UK would have been $130. You guys are just playing some kind of game so that you don't get any returns from any people in the US. I expect to see my refund asap!
Find all posts by this user
05-06-2020, 12:41 PM
Hi,
The items was sent from London (UK) as it can be seen here: https://www.fedex.com/apps/fedextrack/?a...cale=en_GB
The RMA sent stated that the returns should be sent to the same place. From the RMA text:

2 – Returned items must be packaged and shipped adequately to the address listed on our website.
Abene jjRobots (return)
5 Cymbeline Court,
Mount Pleasant,
AL3 4TZ,
St. Albans

The "buying terms and conditions" indicates the same: https://www.jjrobots.com/shipping-terms-and-conditions/ that every RMA should be returned to UK

We are trying our best here, but in San Diego we did not have a technician capable of checking the return...:-\
Sorry for any incovenience
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user