Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Just buzzing noise from the larger steppers
03-28-2020, 07:17 PM
Just buzzing noise from the larger steppers
My sphere-o-bot has been sitting in a box for a year and I just dug it out in preparation for Easter. Mine uses the older Brain shield controller for what it's worth.

I re-uploaded the Arduino code (to the Leonardo board which is also what I have), and I'm using the portable version of Inkscape provided by jjrobots which seems to connect with the Arduino fine.

When power is provided to the Arduino, I get nothing other than buzzing from the two large steppers. The one with the pen more than the other. I have adjusted the dials to give them a bit more current without any change other than louder buzzing.

The pen servo won't do anything anymore. I can't calibrate at all. The only sign of movement it has is when I first power up the board, where it sometimes jumps a tiny bit. I tried disconnecting the steppers and the servo-controlled pen still doesn't work.

Any ideas? To me it seems like the driver board it shot. Wondering what I can test to confirm (maybe using another Arduino program?)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-29-2020, 09:22 PM
RE: Just buzzing noise from the larger steppers
Try turning off power and carefully moving the servo arm manually to a new position like vertical up. Plug the bosrd back in . If the servo goes back to the previous position on it own, that is a good sign.
The "jump" from the motors on start is normal.
Does the board show up in your list of COM ports?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply