Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Servo and stepmother not working
03-24-2020, 07:18 PM (This post was last modified: 03-24-2020 07:19 PM by Fredi_900.)
Servo and stepmother not working
Hello everybody,

i build an eggbot last year ( using an Arduino Leonardo and the jjRobots electronic brain shield v3.1 ) and everything was fine.
A few days ago i want to do some eggs for easter and i have some troubles.
Motor for the egg is turning correctly, Motor for the pen and servo for lifting the pen is not doing anything. I swapped the driver for the stepmothers, no change. Even a new servo is not moving. The stepmother for the pen is under power and making the standard noise.
How can i find out if the Arduino board or the brain shield is the problem. I already ordered a new Arduino, but i can not find the brain shield v3.1 any more.
Thanks for your help in advance
Fredi
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2020, 11:18 AM
RE: Servo and stepmother not working
It is not easy to narrow down the problem.
Try this: change the stepper motor driver from the EGG motor to the PEN motor and see if it moves. That will tell there is a faulty stepper motor driver. Regarding the servo: Do you have any other servo to try on the sphere-o-bot?
And: check the cables. Swap them too (just in case)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-25-2020, 11:41 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2020 11:42 AM by Fredi_900.)
(03-25-2020 11:18 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  It is not easy to narrow down the problem.
Try this: change the stepper motor driver from the EGG motor to the PEN motor and see if it moves. That will tell there is a faulty stepper motor driver. Regarding the servo: Do you have any other servo to try on the sphere-o-bot?

Hello, thanks for your help. I swapped the Stepper driver, no change. I connected a new stepper motor, No change. I also tryed the servo on another robotarm and it worked, also connected a new servo, no change.
Doesnt matter what i do, only the stepper for the egg is turning.
In my opinion the arduino or the Brain shield is faulty. But how to find out. I allready ordered a new arduino, but i can not find the Brain shield Board.
Thanks in advance
Fredi
03-25-2020, 12:49 PM
(03-25-2020 11:41 AM)Fredi_900 Wrote:  
(03-25-2020 11:18 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  It is not easy to narrow down the problem.

Hello, thanks for your help. I swapped the Stepper driver, no change. I connected a new stepper motor, No change. I also tryed the servo on another robotarm and it worked, also connected a new servo, no change.
Doesnt matter what i do, only the stepper for the egg is turning.
In my opinion the arduino or the Brain shield is faulty. But how to find out. I allready ordered a new arduino, but i can not find the Brain shield Board.
Thanks in advance
Fredi
Yes, I would blame the electronics. The Brain shield has been deprecated but the DEVIA is doing the same job. We expect to have it back in stock within 10 days. In the meantime, if I were you, try with the new Leonardo and see how it goes
03-30-2020, 12:53 PM
The new arduino board did not change anything :-(
So for sure the brain shield is damaged !
Hope be able to get a new one soon
04-15-2020, 07:14 AM
With the new Devia Board everything is fine again :-)
04-15-2020, 08:21 PM
(04-15-2020 07:14 AM)Fredi_900 Wrote:  With the new Devia Board everything is fine again :-)
Cool! :-D
Can we ask you, to review your product (please?)
That is extremely important for us: https://www.jjrobots.com/review-your-order-please/