Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Servo not working correctly
03-15-2020, 03:01 AM
Servo not working correctly
I just received my kit and have everything assembled to my knowledge correctly. When doing the setup in inkscape I cannot get the toggle of the raise and lower pen to work correctly. When clicking on apply the servo will more one time and that is it unless I change the value of the "Pen up position". It will go up and down based on that value but the pen down will not work no matter what value I change it too. Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-16-2020, 11:32 AM
RE: Servo not working correctly
What values are you using? Have to tried to swap those values (UP <-> DOWN) even if they look off?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-23-2020, 05:59 PM
I have exactly the same problem. I built the sphero bot today from original parts ordered from jjrobots. Is there a solution ?
04-05-2020, 06:51 PM
I had the same problem (or still have) but I found a work-around: you can open the serial monitor inside the Arduino Software and enter "TP" (command to toggle the pen) manually. Its only necessary to close the serial monitor before clicking "apply" in Inkscape.
04-15-2020, 09:10 PM
(04-05-2020 06:51 PM)niesse Wrote:  I had the same problem (or still have) but I found a work-around: you can open the serial monitor inside the Arduino Software and enter "TP" (command to toggle the pen) manually. Its only necessary to close the serial monitor before clicking "apply" in Inkscape.

Thank you! This worked for me as well. I had the exact same issue. Hoping there is a fix for it soon.
04-16-2020, 10:53 AM
We will take a look at it. It looks like only happens with certain OS and configurations. Can I ask you for OS versions please?
Are you using the Inkscape portable version? Did you start the Inkscape as ADMIN?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-16-2020, 10:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-16-2020 10:55 PM by BigLair.)
(04-16-2020 10:53 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  We will take a look at it. It looks like only happens with certain OS and configurations. Can I ask you for OS versions please?
Are you using the Inkscape portable version? Did you start the Inkscape as ADMIN?

I'm on Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.720), I don't recall if I ran inkscape as admin but I will try that too

(04-16-2020 10:41 PM)BigLair Wrote:  
(04-16-2020 10:53 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  We will take a look at it. It looks like only happens with certain OS and configurations. Can I ask you for OS versions please?

I'm on Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.720), I don't recall if I ran inkscape as admin but I will try that too

So, for me, running Inkscape as ADMIN it does work for the plot but still does not toggle the servo up and down on the Setup tab.