Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Robot will not accept commands from Phone or Tablet
03-11-2020, 10:50 PM
Robot will not accept commands from Phone or Tablet
I put this robot together today. The robot will when the switch is turned to on, wait a few seconds shake a little and make some noise. I then stand it up and it slowly rocks back and forth and keeps itself balanced. I loaded the app on to my android phone. I set up the wifi on the phone with the correct Password and get signed in. I tried multiple times to get it to move, no luck. Turning the robot and phone and app off multiple times. What a waste of time. I though that I would try to get my Tablet to use for the robot. I down loaded the app and set it up to control the robot. I did get an error message saying that the tablet could not communicate with the robot. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks, Gerald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-12-2020, 04:00 PM
RE: Robot will not accept commands from Phone or Tablet
What Android OS version are you using? I have to ask, but, are you typing the password correctly? (87654321) Could you please check that just only one device is trying to get connected to the B-robot?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-12-2020, 09:59 PM (This post was last modified: 03-12-2020 10:03 PM by grs311.)
[quote='JJrobots JP' pid='5327' dateline='1584028856']
What Android OS version are you using? I have to ask, but, are you typing the password correctly? (87654321) Could you please check that just only one device is trying to get connected to the B-robot?

Yes I have entered the password multiple times from 2 different devices. I am using the JJrobots app downloaded from the Google play store. On my phone WIFI page I get the message that the phone is connected to the JJrobots robot but can not in any way control the robot. When I try this on the Windows Tablet I get the same result, no change to the robot when I move the controls on the apps. The wifi signal seams to be very low on this robot. Does this seam possible? The phone is running 5.1 Android version and the Tablet is running Windows 10.

What can I do?

Thanks, Gerald
03-13-2020, 09:12 AM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2020 09:15 AM by JJrobots JP.)
Well... Actually.The control APP for Android needs, Android 6.0 or above to work properly. It MAY work with Android 4 and 5 OS version but only with certain smartphone/tablet (not all). We tried to make it as compatible as possible with even the oldest OS versions but, as we can see here, sometimes it won't work. Can you try using any other Android device or an iPhone?
The reason of this "problem": Google forces us to keep updating the control APP every time they release a new Android OS version (the latest is the 10) and keeping the APP working for old devices is a real struggle.
03-13-2020, 12:29 PM
(03-13-2020 09:12 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Well... Actually.The control APP for Android needs, Android 6.0 or above to work properly. It MAY work with Android 4 and 5 OS version but only with certain smartphone/tablet (not all). We tried to make it as compatible as possible with even the oldest OS versions but, as we can see here, sometimes it won't work. Can you try using any other Android device or an iPhone?
The reason of this "problem": Google forces us to keep updating the control APP every time they release a new Android OS version (the latest is the 10) and keeping the APP working for old devices is a real struggle.
I have wasted too much time on this robot. I am not able to try any other devices. I want to return this robot kit and get my money back. Where do I send it?

Thanks, Gerald
03-13-2020, 02:13 PM
(03-13-2020 12:29 PM)grs311 Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 09:12 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Well... Actually.The control APP for Android needs, Android 6.0 or above to work properly. It MAY work with Android 4 and 5 OS version but only with certain smartphone/tablet (not all). We tried to make it as compatible as possible with even the oldest OS versions but, as we can see here, sometimes it won't work. Can you try using any other Android device or an iPhone?
I have wasted too much time on this robot. I am not able to try any other devices. I want to return this robot kit and get my money back. Where do I send it?

Thanks, Gerald

Hi Gerald, please email me to veronica@jjrobots.com , indicating your order ID and the problem you have. I will raise a RMA.
03-13-2020, 04:24 PM
(03-13-2020 02:13 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(03-13-2020 12:29 PM)grs311 Wrote:  

Thanks, Gerald

Hi Gerald, please email me to veronica@jjrobots.com , indicating your order ID and the problem you have. I will raise a RMA.
I sent the e-mail, please let me know what to do. Thanks, Gerald
03-16-2020, 02:57 PM
Hello, I sent the info requested to your email: veronica@jjrobots.com. Please raise the RMA. Thanks, Gerald
03-16-2020, 03:16 PM
(03-16-2020 02:57 PM)grs311 Wrote:  Hello, I sent the info requested to your email: veronica@jjrobots.com. Please raise the RMA. Thanks, Gerald

Hi Gerald, it was sent this morning. Could you please check the SPAM folder?
03-16-2020, 05:02 PM
I received nothing. Please try grs3111@gmail.com. Maybe that will go through.