Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
ROBOT AUTONOMOUS MOTION
02-06-2020, 11:36 AM
ROBOT AUTONOMOUS MOTION
My first attempt of Robot with autonomous motion, able to avoid obstacles (at least most !     ). Based on the standard and original JJROBOTS design (old Brain board, Leonardo board, MPU 6050 3 axis), I have only added two Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F optical sensors, powered separately with 5V and positioned at angle to detect obstacles to the right and left sides with respect to the lateral size of the robot itself. The software is modified to handle the two sensors and the standard commands (back and forth - left and right) of the application provided by JJROBOTS app for Android remain as usual via WiFi; the only variant was to use the "PRO" touch command already present to start or end the autonomous motion mode ( toggle mode ). The cue was provided to me by the website http.//axelsdiy.brinkeby.se , which I thank and from which I took inspiration to then make the changes to fit my purpose. During the tests that I did, I noticed that the main problem is that the current structure i use (made myself time ago) is too wide (including the wheels ), so the side sensors do not always recognize the critical edges and therefore the robot cannot sometimes get out on certain situations without bumping into you. I think I'm going to build another, less bulky robot sideways, so that it's will be more easy to get out freely from particular obstacles edges. Video : https://youtu.be/AqAzlWzj8b8 Sorry for video, i am not a videomaker ...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2020, 09:50 AM
RE: ROBOT AUTONOMOUS MOTION
wow! good work! Keep us updated!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-23-2020, 10:11 AM
Very interesting. How did you incorporate the sensor evaluation into the main loop? When I try to read sensor data, the balancing is not working well anymore. I got the impression there are timing issues ...

Would you mind publishing your code?
02-23-2020, 07:54 PM
(02-23-2020 10:11 AM)lab Wrote:  Very interesting. How did you incorporate the sensor evaluation into the main loop? When I try to read sensor data, the balancing is not working well anymore. I got the impression there are timing issues ...

Would you mind publishing your code?
I am preparing another robot, smaller than the previous one, that uses the Pro Micro card instead of the Leonardo card, but with similar software. I'm going to publish it soon, and I'm going to insert codes for both types.
02-23-2020, 08:24 PM
Thanks for sharing it! :-D
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-27-2020, 11:14 AM
(02-23-2020 08:24 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Thanks for sharing it! :-D
Here the full code for Leonardo or Pro Micro Board. Not perfect, but it's working..

Attached File(s)
.rar  SOFTWARE ROBOT.rar (Size: 37.79 KB / Downloads: 13)