Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Devia controller test code
01-19-2020, 11:35 PM
Devia controller test code
Hi, just received my Devia controller board, ran test code download from JJRobots site, test ran ok on everything but stepper motors did not make any movement. serial console show testing stepper motors but no other information regrading stepper driver or motors are working. Is there anything I need to do before running the test code?

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2020, 10:35 AM
RE: Devia controller test code
I have to ask, but... are the stepper motor drivers placed properly?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-20-2020, 04:28 PM
Yes, both driver potentiometers are facing toward the inside, these motors and drivers were working on the original B-Robot (Arduino + shield)
01-21-2020, 11:15 AM
The motors should spin a little if you are running the TEST CODE for the DEVIA control board.
Have you tried to run the B-robot EVO 2 code for the DEVIA board?: https://www.jjrobots.com/wp-content/uplo..._23_M0.zip
I do not really what else I can recommend here. This is quite strange
01-21-2020, 04:48 PM
Yes, I did try running the B-robot EVO2 last night, the 23_MO code and the motors spin but they kind of whine and not as smooth. I did not construct the robot yet just hookup the components for testing.
01-21-2020, 09:30 PM
(01-21-2020 04:48 PM)jimmy Wrote:  Yes, I did try running the B-robot EVO2 last night, the 23_MO code and the motors spin but they kind of whine and not as smooth. I did not construct the robot yet just hookup the components for testing.

If they whine try adjusting the current delivered by the stepper motor drivers. What battery are you using? Alkaline batteries and 9V is the minimum required, otherwise the stepper motors will...whine
01-24-2020, 06:31 AM
Finally got the driver tuned and EVO2 is balancing but keep going backward, which PID value should I adjust?
01-24-2020, 08:54 AM
(01-24-2020 06:31 AM)jimmy Wrote:  Finally got the driver tuned and EVO2 is balancing but keep going backward, which PID value should I adjust?
Upload a photo of your set up. Are the weights equally distributed?
01-24-2020, 05:57 PM (This post was last modified: 01-26-2020 12:48 AM by jimmy.)
@JJrobots, you are right, the weight was not even, after placing the battery in the center and it work much better, also need to adjust KP and KD values as well.
it's all working now.

Thanks,
Jimmy
01-27-2020, 12:22 PM
(01-24-2020 05:57 PM)jimmy Wrote:  @JJrobots, you are right, the weight was not even, after placing the battery in the center and it work much better, also need to adjust KP and KD values as well.
it's all working now.

Thanks,
Jimmy

You are welcome Jimmy ;-)