Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
B-Robot dead? (Flashing error)
12-29-2019, 10:08 AM
B-Robot dead? (Flashing error)
I have to admit, I'm fairly new to the Arduino and also to programming.
I bought the EVO 2 kit, which worked, except for the servo (see other post).

Now I wanted to start experimenting, first to get the robot into the WiFi, so I wouldn't have to build up a Ad Hoc connection every time.

I downloaded the code (v23_M0), it compiled well in Arduino 1.8.10 but the upload got me this:

Code:
Der Sketch verwendet 45444 Bytes (17%) des Programmspeicherplatzes. Das Maximum sind 262144 Bytes.
Atmel SMART device 0x10010005 found
Device       : ATSAMD21G18A
Chip ID      : 10010005
Version      : v2.0 [Arduino:XYZ] Dec 20 2016 15:36:39
Address      : 8192
Pages        : 3968
Page Size    : 64 bytes
Total Size   : 248KB
Planes       : 1
Lock Regions : 16
Locked       : none
Security     : false
Boot Flash   : true
BOD          : true
BOR          : true
Arduino      : FAST_CHIP_ERASE
Arduino      : FAST_MULTI_PAGE_WRITE
Arduino      : CAN_CHECKSUM_MEMORY_BUFFER
Erase flash
done in 0.843 seconds

Write 46036 bytes to flash (720 pages)

[==                            ] 8% (64/720 pages)
[=====                         ] 17% (128/720 pages)
[========                      ] 26% (192/720 pages)
[==========                    ] 35% (256/720 pages)
[=============                 ] 44% (320/720 pages)
[================              ] 53% (384/720 pages)
[==================            ] 62% (448/720 pages)
[=====================         ] 71% (512/720 pages)Beim Hochladen des Sketches ist ein Fehler aufgetreten

[========================      ] 80% (576/720 pages)
[==========================    ] 88% (640/720 pages)
[============================= ] 97% (704/720 pages)
[==============================] 100% (720/720 pages)
done in 0.274 seconds

Verify 46036 bytes of flash with checksum.
Verify failed

Now the B-Robot is not only dead, the Arduino program can't find the port anymore.
What can I do?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-30-2019, 09:27 AM
RE: B-Robot dead? (Flashing error)
Did you get this error after trying to upload the code to the DEVIA board? did you select the correct board in the Arduino IDE?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-30-2019, 11:24 AM
I'd say when uploading the code.
I hit the arrow, after compiling the program said uploading, as it should, and came up with this error.
I could do it more than once, but after unplugging the B-robot and then plugging it in again the program couldn't find the robot anymore.
I did that on a Mac, will try with a PC again tonight.
12-30-2019, 06:55 PM
Okay, I installed the Arduino program on my PC as well. It finds the Arduino Zero.
BTW, I needed to install the Arduino SAMD Boards to get the Arduino Zero (Native USB Port).

The orange and green LED on the board are always on, not blinking.
The sketch can be compiled but uploading is not possible (it says "uploading..." but that never ends.
Shutting down the PC isn't working until I plug off the robot.
12-31-2019, 10:09 AM
(12-30-2019 06:55 PM)Visitor247 Wrote:  Okay, I installed the Arduino program on my PC as well. It finds the Arduino Zero.
BTW, I needed to install the Arduino SAMD Boards to get the Arduino Zero (Native USB Port).

The orange and green LED on the board are always on, not blinking.
The sketch can be compiled but uploading is not possible (it says "uploading..." but that never ends.
Shutting down the PC isn't working until I plug off the robot.
If the Arduino IDE can detect the Arduino ZERO in a COM port there is still hope. Some applications use JAVA (CURA slicer...), as the ARDUINO IDE does. If you have any other JAVA´s APP running in the background you may not be able to upload the code to the DEVIA board. Check if there is any in the background and close them all
01-01-2020, 09:13 AM (This post was last modified: 01-01-2020 09:21 AM by Visitor247.)
Happy New Year.
I closed all apps I could find, I don't have JAVA installed and don't know which programs might have it embedded.
I tried a different USB cable.
A few other facts (I'm fishing for ideas here):
- It needs several seconds before the program recognizes that the board is connected (my guess 15 s to 30 s).
- When I use arduino_debug.exe I get "Using proxy DIRECT" as error.
- When I try to open the Serial Monitor, the program freezes.
- I can upload to my Arduino UNO without problems.
- I can still connect to the JJROBOTS_XX WiFi.
- And again (and I have the feeling it's important) both the orange and the green light on the DEVIA board are permanetly on.
01-02-2020, 03:04 PM
At this point, I am not sure what the problem could be. It looks like the original arduino code is still in the DEVIA board but looks like it got corrupted? When you were experimenting with the code and tried to upload new one, did the Arduino IDE freeze during the process?
01-02-2020, 04:18 PM
Not in the beginning. I got the error message above more than once. Then I unplugged the board and after plugging it back in, it wasn't found again.
BTW, I only uncommeted the four WIFI Settings lines and changed the words in quoted signs into the SSID of my router and the WiFi Password, nothing more.

For more tests I now took off the motor controllers. No change.
I connetect the board to my Mac again. I can see in System Information that the computer finds the board immediately but on the Mac the Arduino program doesn't find the port anymore. It won't be listed again, whereas on the PC it will be listed again after half a minute, or so.
01-02-2020, 09:30 PM
Please let me ask you some questions:
1) Did the B-robot worked after assembling it?
2) If so... did it behave as expected? 
3) You have tried to upload a modified Arduino code to the DEVIA board, am I right? If so, can we get a copy of it?
4) To narrow down the problem, could you try to connect the DEVIA board to the computer as it is? without any stepper motor driver connected to it? Have you already tried that?
5) Could you please send me a photo of the DEVIA board?
6) You have indicated that you can detect the WIFI NETWORK with your smartphone. That means that the voltage regulators + microcontroller work fine (the micro needs 3.3v and the it tells the WIFI how to initialize), se we can discard a problem here.
7) The library installed was the "Arduino SAMD Boards (32-bits ARM Cortex-M0+)"? Are you using the ARDUINO IDE APP for windows? or downloaded the .exe file from https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software ? I will focus in the drivers installed, it seems to be origin of the problem...
Sorry for these many question, but I need to be sure to help you with thisSimon
01-02-2020, 09:34 PM
Just a tip. You can use the Arduino IDE ONLINE from your browser: https://www.arduino.cc/en/main/software
Just install the plugin and it will automatically recognize the DEVIA Board as ARDUINO ZERO (native port) once connected to the computer.