Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there a way to change the IP address of the blimpduino programmatically
07-24-2019, 07:07 PM
Is there a way to change the IP address of the blimpduino programmatically
Hi Guys,

Is there a way to change the IP address of the blimpduino so that one host device (e.g. Android or iOS app) can control multiple blimpduinos simultaneously ?

For example, I would like to program multiple blimps so that they all connect to a common WIFI router and may use DHCP to obtains their own IP addresses, then I would be able to control them with one mobile device since they are on the same network.

Right now, I think since the Android device have to join the WIFI network of one blimpduino at a time, I think we can only control one blimpduino at one time.

TIA,
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2019, 10:48 PM
RE: Is there a way to change the IP address of the blimpduino programmatically
I spent some time on the Blimpduino source code, it looks like joining to external WIFI is possible for blimpduino. I guess we can write the mobile application to communicate with the 192.168.4.1 (blimpduino's fixed IP)first, then send it some command (JJBA etc), inside the command, we pass the WIFI_SSID and WIFI_PASSWORD to blimpduino and it should hopefully join the WIFI_SSID, after that, I am not sure if we can get the IP new IP address of the blimpduino (when connect to the WIFI_SSID).

Thanks,

ESPsendCommand("AT+CWQAP", "OK", 3);
ESPsendCommand("AT+CWMODE=1", "OK", 3);
//String auxCommand = (String)"AT+CWJAP="+WIFI_SSID+","+WIFI_PASSWORD;
char auxCommand[90] = "AT+CWJAP=\"";
strcat(auxCommand, WIFI_SSID);
strcat(auxCommand, "\",\"");
strcat(auxCommand, WIFI_PASSWORD);
strcat(auxCommand, "\"");
ESPsendCommand(auxCommand, "OK", 14);
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply