Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Beginners Advice: How to interactively view and modify Blimpduino 2 code
07-19-2019, 08:11 PM
Beginners Advice: How to interactively view and modify Blimpduino 2 code
Hi all,

I have posted a stupid question here before, so I might as well ask another. I see the Github repository has links to the Blimpduino 2 code and that you can access it. However, I'm not sure which platform I should use to edit Blimpduino 2 code (I know the Arduino IDE is probably the answer, however I'm not sure how editing and uploading sketches on the Arduino IDE will affect the programs on the board. Also am not sure how to look at existing Blimpduino 2 code in the IDE).

Thanks again JJRobots Community.

Sincerely,

Arash
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2019, 08:46 PM
RE: Beginners Advice: How to interactively view and modify Blimpduino 2 code
(07-19-2019 08:11 PM)atouhidi Wrote:  Hi all,

I have posted a stupid question here before, so I might as well ask another. I see the Github repository has links to the Blimpduino 2 code and that you can access it. However, I'm not sure which platform I should use to edit Blimpduino 2 code (I know the Arduino IDE is probably the answer, however I'm not sure how editing and uploading sketches on the Arduino IDE will affect the programs on the board. Also am not sure how to look at existing Blimpduino 2 code in the IDE).

Update: I understand how to properly view and modify the code in the Arduino IDE. Only problem now is that, in the first three lines of code-
#include <Wire.h>
#include <SparkFun_VL53L1X.h>
#include <vl53l1_register_map.h>

I am having trouble finding the source file for "vl53l1_register_map," as this is not included in the SparkFun_VL53L1X library and the page with the register map code only has a header file. I will keep looking though

Thanks,

Arash
07-21-2019, 07:04 PM
(07-20-2019 08:46 PM)atouhidi Wrote:  

Update: I understand how to properly view and modify the code in the Arduino IDE. Only problem now is that, in the first three lines of code-
#include <Wire.h>

I am having trouble finding the source file for "vl53l1_register_map," as this is not included in the SparkFun_VL53L1X library and the page with the register map code only has a header file. I will keep looking though

Thanks,

Arash

Check out this thread: http://forums.jjrobots.com/showthread.php?tid=1860 to get the latest file versions
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-24-2019, 07:43 PM
(07-20-2019 08:46 PM)atouhidi Wrote:  

#include <Wire.h>

Thanks,

Arash

I finally solved my stupid question. For those who are having the same trouble:

1. Download the code from the github repository in the directory (folder) of your choice
2. In the Arduino IDE, you will have to download the "SparkFun_VL53L1X 4mm laser sensor" library. The CORRECT VERSION to download is 1.0.6 ; otherwise, the other versions will not have the "vl53l1_register_map.h" file.
3. Connect the Blimpduino2 to the computer via the micro-USB port. Then make sure in the tools tab, you select the right board and port combination "Arduino/Genuino Zero (Native USB port)," and the correct port "COM3 (Arduino/Genuino Zero (Native USB port))." Otherwise the "SerialUSB" commands will not work.
4. Analyze, modify, and test away!

Thanks,

Arash