Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Error 11
05-19-2019, 02:34 PM
Error 11
My B - robot started balancing intermediately then completely failed to balance. I connected it to a computer and ran the code and kept getting an error 11 message. Internet posts suggested that this may be due to a faulty mpu6050 so i brought a new one and the problem persists. I have checked the cable connections and they are OK.

HELP!!!

I also tried multiple ways to test links between both the old and the new MPU6050's and two different arduinos using various code downloaded from the internet but nothing worked.Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2019, 12:22 PM
RE: Error 11
Can you replace the cables for another ones? It looks like there is a problem with the IMU sending data to the Arduino. As you said, the Arduinos should be fine but the IMUs (2 units) looks like are failing? This could be but it is unlikely. Are you using always the same cable to connect the MPU and Arduinos?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-20-2019, 06:00 PM
(05-20-2019 12:22 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Can you replace the cables for another ones? It looks like there is a problem with the IMU sending data to the Arduino. As you said, the Arduinos should be fine but the IMUs (2 units) looks like are failing? This could be but it is unlikely. Are you using always the same cable to connect the MPU and Arduinos?

Yes and I have checked that the cables is good - the two ends are connecting as indicated by testing with a volt meter.
Find all posts by this user
05-22-2019, 10:27 AM
(05-20-2019 06:00 PM)Alanbornes Wrote:  
(05-20-2019 12:22 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Can you replace the cables for another ones? It looks like there is a problem with the IMU sending data to the Arduino. As you said, the Arduinos should be fine but the IMUs (2 units) looks like are failing? This could be but it is unlikely. Are you using always the same cable to connect the MPU and Arduinos?

Yes and I have checked that the cables is good - the two ends are connecting as indicated by testing with a volt meter.
The Brain shield is protected against short circuits, so I would discard a problem with it. Could you try to communicate with the Arduino with the Brain shield and MPU connected but without the stepper motors on top? Just un-plug them. Maybe there are creating a short-c.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user