Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
B-Robot set up problems
04-30-2019, 10:01 AM
B-Robot set up problems
How do I make my IOS phone connect to the B-Robot?

I have downloaded the app, the instructions on the website discuss wifi but my phone doesn't find the robot?? The app works searches for the B-robot then says close UDP socket. Am I missing a step out somewhere.

Having failed with the IOS app I also tried downloading the touchosc but the RC2 profile isn't there and I can't get this onto my phone. (no link on safari but available on windows device. How do I do this?

When you switch on the robot the motors turn when stood up and stop when laid down, I'm assuming this is working correctly and just waiting to be controlled. Is this correct?

I'm running the plug and play version (purchased last week) so the arduino is already coded.

Any help gratefully received.

Thanks
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-30-2019, 04:19 PM
RE: B-Robot set up problems
(04-30-2019 10:01 AM)gtaylor Wrote:  How do I make my IOS phone connect to the B-Robot?

I have downloaded the app, the instructions on the website discuss wifi but my phone doesn't find the robot?? The app works searches for the B-robot then says close UDP socket. Am I missing a step out somewhere.

Having failed with the IOS app I also tried downloading the touchosc but the RC2 profile isn't there and I can't get this onto my phone. (no link on safari but available on windows device. How do I do this?

When you switch on the robot the motors turn when stood up and stop when laid down, I'm assuming this is working correctly and just waiting to be controlled. Is this correct?

I'm running the plug and play version (purchased last week) so the arduino is already coded.

Thanks

Update, found wifi on my phone today, not sure why it didn't yesterday and managed to get connected.

Now can't get it to 'stand' up. Controls seem to be trying to move left and right and backwards and forwards.

Motors are making a buzzing sound when stand it up manually and turn off when it falls over.

Arm servo is only moving in one direction and not strong enough to stand it up.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Gary
04-30-2019, 05:49 PM
(04-30-2019 04:19 PM)gtaylor Wrote:  
(04-30-2019 10:01 AM)gtaylor Wrote:  How do I make my IOS phone connect to the B-Robot?

Thanks

Update, found wifi on my phone today, not sure why it didn't yesterday and managed to get connected.

Now can't get it to 'stand' up. Controls seem to be trying to move left and right and backwards and forwards.

Motors are making a buzzing sound when stand it up manually and turn off when it falls over.

Any thoughts?

Cheers Gary
Gary, a video will help a lot. Are you using new batteries? Did you adjust the power delivered by the stepper motor drivers? (There is info about how to do that in the assembly guide).
Can the brobot , at least, keeps the balance?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2019, 08:19 PM
(04-30-2019 05:49 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  

Thanks

Any thoughts?

Cheers Gary
Gary, a video will help a lot. Are you using new batteries? Did you adjust the power delivered by the stepper motor drivers? (There is info about how to do that in the assembly guide).

Thanks for the response JP, brand new batteries and it doesn't stay up on it's own. I will create a video and upload (if I can find out how Sad )
I haven't looked at adjust power levels, will do that now and update.
05-01-2019, 09:51 PM
(04-30-2019 08:19 PM)gtaylor Wrote:  
(04-30-2019 05:49 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  

Thanks

Any thoughts?

Cheers Gary

Thanks for the response JP, brand new batteries and it doesn't stay up on it's own. I will create a video and upload (if I can find out how Sad )
I haven't looked at adjust power levels, will do that now and update.
If you have the option to upload the video to youtube, that will be easier for you. Alternatively, you can send it to info@jjrobots.com mentioning the problem you have ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user