Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't get app to find B-Robot and B-robot never stops rocking
04-26-2019, 05:09 AM
Can't get app to find B-Robot and B-robot never stops rocking
I have been having a great deal of issues getting the B-Robot working. Finally got connected with WiFi but only if I lay the robot down. If it is standing up when I try to connect to it's wireless the wireless shows up then goes away constantly.

Also, when the B-Robot is standing, it never settles. It keeps rocking back and fourth. If i steady it then it will stop but as soon as I let it go, it starts up again.

Now, the app...I feel like I have taken a stupid pill or something...once I get the wireless connection, I open the app but it never seems to find the b-Robot. No controls work. I have tried this on an iPhone Xs, and iPad and a small 7" android tablet all with the same outcome.

I had been communicating through email but figured I would put something here in the forum to see if anyone had some suggestions for me.

Thank you in advance.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-26-2019, 10:07 AM
RE: Can't get app to find B-Robot and B-robot never stops rocking
Looks like the WIFI module got damaged? But the thing that you can connect to the B-robots WIFI when it is laying down makes no sense.
Rocking back and forth is pretty normal if the robots is not on an even surface or the wheels are not perfectly placed. No big deal really. You can adjust its balance using the PID adjustment controls from the APP. Check this page: https://www.jjrobots.com/robotic-challen...ic-waiter/ (INFO: How do I improve the B-robot´s balance while I am carrying the can?)

If you still have problems, I am pretty sure jjRobots can check your Brain shield + Arduino for free (They did it for me time ago -even when it was my fault- :-P)
04-26-2019, 02:23 PM
Thanks JohnQ.

I am perfectly fine in finding out that it is all my fault...I have practice in that for many years, just ask my wife! I saw the PID adjustments in the app but since I can't get control of the robot with the app, I can't adjust anything right now. Thanks for the link.
04-28-2019, 10:46 PM
Still not working...I was able to connect to the WiFi of the B-robot but the iOS app says 'searching for brobot' and never finds it. I have attached picture. I checked the WiFi network and that it is getting an IP address so we are all good there. Just can't connect to the robot. Almost at the end at this point.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

04-30-2019, 09:21 AM
(04-28-2019 10:46 PM)ThePapaTech Wrote:  Still not working...I was able to connect to the WiFi of the B-robot but the iOS app says 'searching for brobot' and never finds it. I have attached picture. I checked the WiFi network and that it is getting an IP address so we are all good there. Just can't connect to the robot. Almost at the end at this point.

This is the first time we see a problem like this :-º
Would you like to send the Brain shield and Arduino back to us? We would check the integrity of the electronics. Contact us at orders@jjrobots.com if you want to proceed with the return
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-30-2019, 01:29 PM
I would rather you sent me a known working one and I can replace it and then send the bad one back to you.

Also, is there a log file anywhere that we can look at it to see what is happening?

I have no problem diagnosing the issue if I am given the information that would allow it.
04-30-2019, 05:58 PM
(04-30-2019 01:29 PM)ThePapaTech Wrote:  I would rather you sent me a known working one and I can replace it and then send the bad one back to you.

Also, is there a log file anywhere that we can look at it to see what is happening?

I have no problem diagnosing the issue if I am given the information that would allow it.

Hi!
Everything we send is previously mounted and tested. So we are certain the electronic works as intended. We can take a look to your electronics for free with the idea of detecting any problem related with the assembly process.
I think that is a good option. You just need to send the electronics back to us and we will take it from there. If you are planning to do so, please contact us at: veronica@jjrobots.com ;-)
04-30-2019, 09:20 PM
(04-30-2019 05:58 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(04-30-2019 01:29 PM)ThePapaTech Wrote:  I would rather you sent me a known working one and I can replace it and then send the bad one back to you.

Hi!
Everything we send is previously mounted and tested. So we are certain the electronic works as intended. We can take a look to your electronics for free with the idea of detecting any problem related with the assembly process.
I think that is a good option. You just need to send the electronics back to us and we will take it from there. If you are planning to do so, please contact us at: veronica@jjrobots.com ;-)

Do you think I should try reloading the Arduino? Also, if I send them back to you where do I send them and who pays for shipping?
05-01-2019, 09:50 PM
(04-30-2019 09:20 PM)ThePapaTech Wrote:  

Hi!

Do you think I should try reloading the Arduino? Also, if I send them back to you where do I send them and who pays for shipping?

I do not think re-uploading the code will solve the problem. As you mentioned before, you were able to see the B-robot WIFI network so the code is already in the Arduino internal memory. Veronica or Christopher will contact you with details about returning the electronics.
05-03-2019, 01:00 PM
(05-01-2019 09:50 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(04-30-2019 09:20 PM)ThePapaTech Wrote:  

Hi!

I do not think re-uploading the code will solve the problem. As you mentioned before, you were able to see the B-robot WIFI network so the code is already in the Arduino internal memory. Veronica or Christopher will contact you with details about returning the electronics.

I have not heard back from anyone yet but did send an email to Veronica. What is the timeframe?