Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
Motor-slot 1 only rotating in one direction
02-28-2019, 06:56 PM
Sad Motor-slot 1 only rotating in one direction
I have the following issue.
We bought the kit and put everything together, loaded the arduino-code on the module and turned it on.
And while it is moving, it is just moving in on direction, after some in-depth debugging, we narrowed it down to the left driver-slot.
(Drivers are fine (we actually tested 5 additional drivers), cable is fine, steppers are fine, we checked this by exchanging each part individually and checking how this will affect the movement).
So the issue in short:
The motor, that is connected to the left driver-slot (no matter which driver, no matter which cable, no matter which motor) is only turning in one direction.
The motor, that is connected to the right driver-slot seems to work perfectly fine.

So from my point of view this can only mean that this is a software-issue or an issue with the arduino or an issue with the jj-board.

I hope anyone can help us out here - many thanks in advance!
cheers!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-01-2019, 09:52 AM
RE: Motor-slot 1 only rotating in one direction
(02-28-2019 06:56 PM)olsn Wrote:  I have the following issue.
We bought the kit and put everything together, loaded the arduino-code on the module and turned it on.
And while it is moving, it is just moving in on direction, after some in-depth debugging, we narrowed it down to the left driver-slot.
(Drivers are fine (we actually tested 5 additional drivers), cable is fine, steppers are fine, we checked this by exchanging each part individually and checking how this will affect the movement).
So the issue in short:
The motor, that is connected to the left driver-slot (no matter which driver, no matter which cable, no matter which motor) is only turning in one direction.
The motor, that is connected to the right driver-slot seems to work perfectly fine.

So from my point of view this can only mean that this is a software-issue or an issue with the arduino or an issue with the jj-board.

I hope anyone can help us out here - many thanks in advance!
cheers!

You have done the smart job already. It looks like the headers of the motors are not fine or the Brain shield is not properly inserted into the Arduino. Do you have a multimeter around so you can check if the motor connector on the Brain shield are fine? Maybe a broken soldered pad?
If you can not find the source of the problem, please contact us at: veronica@jjrobots.com with your order details ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-01-2019, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I already checked the headers in the hopes that there might be an issue there Big Grin
I didn't get out the multimeter yet, hoping that there was an easier solution Tongue
But I'll check that over the weekend and get back to you if I can find out something.
03-03-2019, 08:37 AM
I've checked all the header-connection with the multimeter (for all driver-headers, all socket-headers and all the headers of the connections between the arduino pcb and the JJ pcb)
All seem to be fine, but the issue still persits. - I've written you a mail now ;-)