Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inkscape talks not to Leonardo
01-18-2019, 05:05 PM
Inkscape talks not to Leonardo
Hi, im trying to get the Inkscape talking to the Arduino Leonardo but without luck!

I installed the Firmware "Ejjduino_ARDUINO.ino".
Arduino Serial Monitor answers to the "v" command with "EBBv13_and_above Protocol emulated by Eggduino-Firmware V1.6a
".

Inkscape first was showing a Error Message concerning the VID / PID. Therfore I changed the PID VID to my Hw-ID found on the Win10 Device Manger to "VID_2341&PID_8036&MI_00" in eggbot_scanwin32.py

With this change the RX LED on the Arduino is blinking while Inkscape is scanning, but Inkscape answers with "Unable to find an Eggbot on any serial port. Sad Error reading serial data."

I also tried to use the alternative "eggbot.py" described in the Assembly Page.

I tried 2 different PC (bouth Win10 64 Bit / Inkscape 64 bit) an two different Arduino Leonardos.

Has someone had the same problem and can help me?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-20-2019, 06:38 PM
RE: Inkscape talks not to Leonardo
(01-18-2019 05:05 PM)Jochen222 Wrote:  Hi, im trying to get the Inkscape talking to the Arduino Leonardo but without luck!

I installed the Firmware "Ejjduino_ARDUINO.ino".
Arduino Serial Monitor answers to the "v" command with "EBBv13_and_above Protocol emulated by Eggduino-Firmware V1.6a
".

Inkscape first was showing a Error Message concerning the VID / PID. Therfore I changed the PID VID to my Hw-ID found on the Win10 Device Manger to "VID_2341&PID_8036&MI_00" in eggbot_scanwin32.py

With this change the RX LED on the Arduino is blinking while Inkscape is scanning, but Inkscape answers with "Unable to find an Eggbot on any serial port. Sad Error reading serial data."

I also tried to use the alternative "eggbot.py" described in the Assembly Page.

I tried 2 different PC (bouth Win10 64 Bit / Inkscape 64 bit) an two different Arduino Leonardos.

Has someone had the same problem and can help me?
Which COM port are you using? Try to make it lower than COM6.
Did you modified the VID / PID in the scanwin32 file before replacing the eggbot.py file? If so, undo that and remember to run the Inkscape as ADMIN!
02-10-2019, 09:58 PM (This post was last modified: 02-10-2019 10:00 PM by Ulli.)
[/quote]
Did you modified the VID / PID in the scanwin32 file before replacing the eggbot.py file? If so, undo that and remember to run the Inkscape as ADMIN!
[/quote]

I have the same problem as Joachim. Except I did not modify scanwin32. Still, after I got rid of the error concerning the VID / PID by changing the eggbot.py, I now get the notice "Unable to find an Eggbot on any serial port. Sad"

COM2 is the used port. When I type "SM,2000,0,-200" in the serial monitor, the motor is turning.

Is EggBot Control Extension version 2.5.0 the problem, as 2.4.0 is recommended?
02-11-2019, 11:49 AM
[/quote]

I have the same problem as Joachim. Except I did not modify scanwin32. Still, after I got rid of the error concerning the VID / PID by changing the eggbot.py, I now get the notice "Unable to find an Eggbot on any serial port. Sad"

COM2 is the used port. When I type "SM,2000,0,-200" in the serial monitor, the motor is turning.

Is EggBot Control Extension version 2.5.0 the problem, as 2.4.0 is recommended?
[/quote]
I should stick the to recommenced software and ad-dons extensions. I think the 2.4.0 was the recommended?
03-09-2019, 05:49 AM
Anyone got this figured out? I'm absolutely lost.. none of these fixes seem to do anything. I seem to be back to square one. com 2 replace eggbot.py
06-28-2019, 12:28 AM
I'm having the same problem. Have made all the above changes.