Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Android Control not working [SOLVED kinda..]
02-06-2019, 08:29 AM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 09:19 AM by Ariane98.)
RE: Android Control not working [SOLVED kinda..]
I did try to flash the arduino, and I had errors until I found out that Sparkfun's updates were a cause of error. I downloaded the right version but now the compiler complains about "'SerialUSB' was not declared in this scope"

I am not an arduino wizard, so I don't know where to go now ?
Could you please help me, as I have frustrated children waiting to flight the balloon...

Hi
I did as you say, I get

C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\Bliimpuino\Blimpduino2-master\Blimpduino\Blimpduino.ino: In function 'void setup()':

Blimpduino:146:3: error: 'SerialUSB' was not declared in this scope

SerialUSB.begin(115200); // Serial output to console

^

Blimpduino:147:3: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

could you help please ?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-06-2019, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2019 10:06 PM by JohnQ.)
(02-05-2019 07:37 PM)overflo Wrote:  
(02-01-2019 09:43 PM)overflo Wrote:  ..The Problem is fixed,

Actually i mounted my blipduino to a balloon for the first time today and i had connectivity problems again with the "fixed" app.

I had to completely remove the WLAN and add it again on the android and than the connection worked.
I have no idea what this could mean, but both the android and the arduino code might need a rewrite or major cleanup one day.
For example the IP is hardcoded in the android app and some things that can throw exceptions are not handled.

--

But i worked on the web interface yesterday night, and i am confident i will have it up and running this week.
Once i am back at home i can flash the ESP with the webserver and then we don't need an app anymore.
But his will be another thread.
I am following this thread really interested. I can see some advantages of a dedicated IOS/ Android APP (you can adjust the Vertical and horizontal Sliders return to zero position, the sensitivity around the layouts...etc) But a webserver would be great.

(02-06-2019 08:29 AM)Ariane98 Wrote:  I did try to flash the arduino, and I had errors until I found out that Sparkfun's updates were a cause of error. I downloaded the right version but now the compiler complains about "'SerialUSB' was not declared in this scope"

I am not an arduino wizard, so I don't know where to go now ?
Could you please help me, as I have frustrated children waiting to flight the balloon...

Hi
I did as you say, I get

C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\Bliimpuino\Blimpduino2-master\Blimpduino\Blimpduino.ino: In function 'void setup()':

Blimpduino:146:3: error: 'SerialUSB' was not declared in this scope

SerialUSB.begin(115200); // Serial output to console

^

Blimpduino:147:3: error: 'Serial1' was not declared in this scope

could you help please ?
Try this: SELECT the Arduino/Genuino ZERO (with native USB) in the Arduino IDE. That should fix the problem
02-07-2019, 04:29 PM
Thanks...but this type of board does not show up in the list...
02-11-2019, 11:47 AM
(02-07-2019 04:29 PM)Ariane98 Wrote:  Thanks...but this type of board does not show up in the list...

Did you install the Arduino Zero addons for the IDE? Check the image attached. Some IDE versions do not have that BOARD available by default