Blimpduino 2 COMMs protocol
Info about how to control the blimpduino (packet details) here:
https://www.jjrobots.com/blimpduino-comm...l-package/
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2018, 01:32 PM
RE: Blimpduino 2 COMMs protocol
Hey there,

at the moment I am developing a script to control the blimp. In the communication protocols it says that Channel 3 is used to control the altitude. In the Android application a value of 20 is transferred to the blimp when the up button is pressed once. The blimp should then fly 20mm upwards.

But in my new control script control signals are sent in very short intervals (0-100ms). Are old control values discarded or buffered? If they are stored, the blimp will fly into the atmosphere Sad. If I understand the Arduino code correctly, any transmitted value will simply be transmitted to the engine (m_set_direct(...)).
Find all posts by this user
11-30-2018, 12:13 AM
(11-28-2018 01:32 PM)captain-proton Wrote:  Hey there,

at the moment I am developing a script to control the blimp. In the communication protocols it says that Channel 3 is used to control the altitude. In the Android application a value of 20 is transferred to the blimp when the up button is pressed once. The blimp should then fly 20mm upwards.

But in my new control script control signals are sent in very short intervals (0-100ms). Are old control values discarded or buffered? If they are stored, the blimp will fly into the atmosphere Sad. If I understand the Arduino code correctly, any transmitted value will simply be transmitted to the engine (m_set_direct(...)).

I will check the code and get back to you asap
12-02-2018, 11:09 PM (This post was last modified: 12-02-2018 11:10 PM by JJrobots JP.)
After checking it: you are not increasing the altitude while you pressing the button. The APP just send a packet of altitude with a +20 cm value. Not adding +20 to the previous altitude continuously. The button actually works as a "switch" . When you press the button you are sending just a +20. You need to release it and press it again in order to send another +20 to the total altitude value. I do not know if I am explaining myself... :-)