Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help with remote control connection
08-30-2018, 08:09 AM
Help with remote control connection
Hello,
I'm just trying to control my brobot evo2 with my smartphone. The robot boots up, it balances and I also can make a wifi connection and I got the IP
The robot has 192.168.4.1
So everything seems ok. Just the ab jjrobots ov roverbot (from Android) or touchOSC from IOS... the don't connect.

the the website there is the ip 192.168.1.1!!!!! noted so I'm wondering what the propper IP is.
I tried to recompile the original ardoino code from github without modifications but it still doesn't work.
has anyone mabe an idea for this problem or what are the right IP / Port settings?
Thanks a lot.
Gerald
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2018, 09:45 AM
RE: Help with remote control connection
One IP is used to send the telemetry (battery status and tilt angle) and the other to receive the control commands. The control APP (the official) should connect without problems to the B-robot, it is bulletproof.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-30-2018, 10:50 AM
I got support from Simon and it seems I got a faulty shield. I replaced it from another set and everything works now. I am just 2 sets short now for my workshop.
Is there a way to erease/reset the shield mit with the wifi on it? I tried to modify the arduino sketch and changed the SSID Name from JJROBOTS_XX to GERALDJJ_XX and it still keeps the old SSID Name JJROBOTS_5B... with the new and working shield it changes the name... just not with the 1st one.
Maybe there is a way to reset it!

Thank you
Find all posts by this user
08-31-2018, 10:41 AM
(08-30-2018 10:50 AM)gzebedin Wrote:  I got support from Simon and it seems I got a faulty shield. I replaced it from another set and everything works now. I am just 2 sets short now for my workshop.
Is there a way to erease/reset the shield mit with the wifi on it? I tried to modify the arduino sketch and changed the SSID Name from JJROBOTS_XX to GERALDJJ_XX and it still keeps the old SSID Name JJROBOTS_5B... with the new and working shield it changes the name... just not with the 1st one.
Maybe there is a way to reset it!

Thank you
To ...reset to factory parameters the ESP module you would need an external programmer. It is not easy using common hardware.

Regarding changing the name... It looks like the faulty ESP module can not handle its memory properly and store the configuration values
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user