Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Robot does not seem to stand or respond.
08-29-2018, 05:19 AM
Robot does not seem to stand or respond.
My evo2 Plug and Play kit is assembled. On startup the arm wiggles and the wheels rock back-and-forth rapidly for a few seconds. Then it just wiggles its arms and wheels slowly forever. It cannot balance.

According to the instructions, I did not upload any code to the Arduino, this being a Plug and Play.

Here is a video. I left the top off to show the wiring and then I turn it on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCmcBnTNgc

Huh
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-29-2018, 11:16 AM
RE: Robot does not seem to stand or respond.
The video helps. Try this: disconnect the IMU cable from the Brain shield and check if the robot is doing the same. I am 90% certain that the problem comes from there. If you have the same behavior, check that no a single pin on the back of the IMU is touching the metallic case of the WIFI module (that can create a short circuit)

And yes, you are right, the Arduino code is already pre-loaded.
Additionally, you can check the IMU doing this:

There is a DEBUG MODE inside the B-robot CODE. This MODE will allow you the debug the behaviour of the robot if you are having issues.

Look for the B-robot EVO Arduino sketch line “#define DEBUG 0″ and change the 0 to 1…8 depending on what info you want to get.
As we want to check the MPU integrity, we will change that value to 1: “#define DEBUG 1″ And the Arduino will sent the value of "angle_adjusted" to the serial port

Now connect the B-robot EVO to the USB port of your computer. Then OPEN the Arduino IDE and start the SERIAL MONITOR.
(port speed set to 195200 baud) That will allow you to see the values sent by the MPU in real time after powering up the robot

Other DEBUG options:

#if DEBUG==8
Serial.print(throttle);
Serial.print(” “);
Serial.print(steering);
Serial.print(” “);
Serial.println(mode);
#endif

//angle_adjusted_radians = angle_adjusted*GRAD2RAD;

#if DEBUG==1
Serial.println(angle_adjusted);

#endif

//Serial.print(“\t”);
mpu.resetFIFO(); // We always reset FIFO

// We calculate the estimated robot speed:
// Estimated_Speed = angular_velocity_of_stepper_motors(combined) – angular_velocity_of_robot(angle measured by IMU)
actual_robot_speed_Old = actual_robot_speed;
actual_robot_speed = (speed_M1 + speed_M2)/2; // Positive: forward

int16_t angular_velocity = (angle_adjusted-angle_adjusted_Old)*90.0; // 90 is an empirical extracted factor to adjust for real units
int16_t estimated_speed = -actual_robot_speed_Old – angular_velocity; // We use robot_speed(t-1) or (t-2) to compensate the delay
estimated_speed_filtered = estimated_speed_filtered*0.95 + (float)estimated_speed*0.05;

#if DEBUG==2
Serial.print(” “);
Serial.println(estimated_speed_filtered);
#endif

// SPEED CONTROL: This is a PI controller.
// input:user throttle, variable: estimated robot speed, output: target robot angle to get the desired speed
//target_angle = (target_angle + speedPControl(estimated_speed_filtered,throttle,Kp_thr))/2.0; // Some filtering : Average with previous output
//target_angle = target_angle*0.3 + speedPIControl(dt,estimated_speed_filtered,throttle,Kp_thr,Ki_thr)*0.7; // Some filtering
target_angle = speedPIControl(dt,estimated_speed_filtered,throttle,Kp_thr,Ki_thr);
target_angle = constrain(target_angle,-max_target_angle,max_target_angle); // limited output

#if DEBUG==3
Serial.print(” “);
Serial.println(estimated_speed_filtered);
Serial.print(” “);
Serial.println(target_angle);
#endif

#if DEBUG==10
Serial.print(angle_adjusted);
Serial.print(” “);
Serial.println(debugVariable);
#endif

#if DEBUG==6 //BATTERY STATUS
Serial.print(“B”);
Serial.println(battery);
Serial.print(” “);
#endif
#if DEBUG==7
Serial.print(distance_sensor);
Serial.print(” A”);
Serial.println(autonomous_mode_status);
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Hi, I have a brand new EVO 2 (it was shipped a few weeks ago with a new brain shield) and it does the same! I unplugged the IMU and the wheels and arm stop moving. It comes on but nothing happens with the IMU unplugged?
09-06-2018, 05:39 PM
(09-06-2018 11:55 AM)Programming779 Wrote:  Hi, I have a brand new EVO 2 (it was shipped a few weeks ago with a new brain shield) and it does the same! I unplugged the IMU and the wheels and arm stop moving. It comes on but nothing happens with the IMU unplugged?

Does you b-robot do the "I am ready" procedure: spinning a little the wheels and moving the servo arm after the calibration?
If so, can it stand up and keeps its balance?
09-07-2018, 09:08 AM
No, unfortunatly not, it does the same as the video above? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=daCmcBnTNgc
The wifi connects but EVO is not responding to any inputs from the Android app.

I have checked for shorts between the wifi module and the IMU as well. All good.
09-10-2018, 10:53 AM
Hmm.... Thanks for the video. Can you check that the IMU is sending the corrent value doing as above? (DEBUGGING the B-robot?)
09-10-2018, 02:50 PM
(09-10-2018 10:53 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Hmm.... Thanks for the video. Can you check that the IMU is sending the corrent value doing as above? (DEBUGGING the B-robot?)

I got The IDE running and the serial monitor reports this:
>>

!Timeout!
AT+CWMODE=2
OK

AT+CWSAP="JJROBOTS_7C","87654321",5,3
OK
Start UDP server

AT+CIPMUX=0
OK

AT+CIPMODE=1
OK

AT+CIPSTART="UDP","192.168.4.2",2223,2222,0CONNECT

OK
Gyro calibration... DONT MOVE!
MPU6050 Error:2
offset: 47 stddev: 329.75
Repeat, DONT MOVE!
offset: 66 stddev: 508.08
Repeat, DONT MOVE!
offset: 32 stddev: 177.07
Repeat, DONT MOVE!
offset: 68 stddev: 533.48
Repeat, DONT MOVE!
offset: 15 stddev: 12.98

AT+CIPSEND
OK

>
Servo init
Stepers init
BATT:44
BROBOT by JJROBOTS v2.82
Start...
Done, Ready to Test.

>>

I have not made any changes to the software yet and it is running off the USB power. The widely varying values read from the IMU does not look promising?!
09-10-2018, 04:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-10-2018 08:01 PM by ANTONIO38EOS.)
Hola tengo un problema con el evo2.
soy nuevo en esto de los robot y de arduino
El problema que tengo es que mi robot conecta con wifi pero cuando lo enciendo se calibra y luego empieza a vibrar y no hace nada.
Envío fotos de conexiones y vídeo del problema,
los motores que monté son NEMA 17 17HS4401 (es la única modificación del modelo original).
Agradecería mucho una ayuda gracias

https://youtu.be/nGAmRNMUk_Q

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

09-11-2018, 07:41 AM
(09-10-2018 10:53 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Hmm.... Thanks for the video. Can you check that the IMU is sending the corrent value doing as above? (DEBUGGING the B-robot?)

It is working fine now. The code loaded at manufacturing or testing stage was not the correct code to balance. Compiled and uploaded the code from GitHub and it is working fine.

Thanks for a great project JJ Robots! Now to add some sensors...
09-11-2018, 10:50 AM
(09-11-2018 07:41 AM)Programming779 Wrote:  

It is working fine now. The code loaded at manufacturing or testing stage was not the correct code to balance. Compiled and uploaded the code from GitHub and it is working fine.

Thanks for a great project JJ Robots! Now to add some sensors...
Well... good to hear that! Enjoy your robot! :-)