Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inkscape and Arduino are not friends (connection issue UNABLE TO FIND EGGBOT)
03-24-2018, 03:53 PM
Inkscape and Arduino are not friends (connection issue UNABLE TO FIND EGGBOT)
I am hoping that someone can help solve my issue as well. I am using an Arduino Mega with the Arduino sketch that is provided on this site. I installed the .48 version of Inkscape (the new version didn't work at all) I am running eggbot extensions version 2.3..4 and I got an error naming eggbot.py as having an error so followed a previous thread on this forum and edited the code. I made the modification to the extension code and now my error message has changed to "Unable to find an Eggbot on any serial port. Sad
Error reading serial data."
I shut off my firewall but nothing. I also tested my hardware using the Arduino serial monitor everything is working. Also I am using JJrobots brainshield. Any guidance you can give would be helpful, I feel like I am so close.

Thanks in advance!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-27-2018, 11:05 AM
RE: Inkscape and Arduino are not friends (connection issue UNABLE TO FIND EGGBOT)
The arduino MEGA has another processor, and the TIMERs might work differently.
Regarding the "eggbot.py " did you just replaced the file for the one attached to this thread?: http://forums.jjrobots.com/thread-1199.html It worked for me
03-27-2018, 12:54 PM
RE: Inkscape and Arduino are not friends (connection issue UNABLE TO FIND EGGBOT)
Yes, I get the error below. What version of Inkscape are you using?

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "eggbot.py", line 34, in <module>

import eggbot_scan

ImportError: No module named eggbot_scan
03-28-2018, 10:58 AM
Inkscape 0.91 and eggbot module 2.4. Working for me