Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
project UPDATES
04-03-2019, 08:58 PM
RE: project UPDATES
Got it. Not need for a photo Thanks
(04-03-2019 08:52 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(03-27-2019 01:19 AM)clocey Wrote:  What keeps the arm from sliding down? It does not look like there is anything directly under it. Is glue required to secure the larger bearings to the linear bearing on the vertical rod?

If the large bearing and the circular bearing have the precise diameter, one will get into the other (You will need a small hammer to insert it properly). Doing this and holding with bolts the large bearing to the Z platform, everything will stay steady not sliding at all. I do not know If I am explaining myself. I will try to upload a photo ASAP
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2019, 06:35 AM
Hi,

Your design seems more stable than any other SCARA robot arms in thingiverse.
Actually I made one of them and was successful to operate it with modified Marlin codes.
But I realized you will not use the Marlin codes after reading your comments, and here are my several questions Smile

1. I can't see any endstops in this robots, are they unnecessary?
How are arms homing without them? homing should be done manually?

2. I heard jjrobot create a new Arduino M0 and s/w is python based.
is circuitpython ported on your board?

3. gcode is supported also?
06-07-2019, 12:53 PM
(06-07-2019 06:35 AM)tjkim93 Wrote:  Hi,

Actually I made one of them and was successful to operate it with modified Marlin codes.
But I realized you will not use the Marlin codes after reading your comments, and here are my several questions Smile

You do not really them. The stepper motors are strong enough to not skip any steps. Even so, A calibration can be carried out taking the arm to any very end forcing the motor to skip some steps. You will know where the arm is and that location will be your ZERO. It is a sort of brute calibration, quite similar to the PRUSA i3 3D printer method.

Not initially, but we will take a look to it.
It will be supported ;-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-26-2019, 11:38 PM
Where you able to get some version of SCARA in Marlin to work? Would you be willing to share a copy?
Curt
(06-07-2019 06:35 AM)tjkim93 Wrote:  Hi,

07-17-2019, 02:29 AM
I would like to attach my JTech photonics laser to the SCARA and use it for laser engraving. Any chance your hardware/software will support using this in this fashion?
07-17-2019, 11:00 AM
(07-17-2019 02:29 AM)clocey Wrote:  I would like to attach my JTech photonics laser to the SCARA and use it for laser engraving. Any chance your hardware/software will support using this in this fashion?

What is the power requirements of that laser?
07-23-2019, 04:51 PM
(07-17-2019 11:00 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  
(07-17-2019 02:29 AM)clocey Wrote:  I would like to attach my JTech photonics laser to the SCARA and use it for laser engraving. Any chance your hardware/software will support using this in this fashion?

The laser is 3 watts but externally powered. It is typically controlled by a PWM signal to control the power.
08-31-2019, 01:19 AM
(07-23-2019 04:51 PM)clocey Wrote:  

The laser is 3 watts but externally powered. It is typically controlled by a PWM signal to control the power.

Has any more work been done on controlling this robot with an arduino or your standard board?
08-31-2019, 12:27 PM
(08-31-2019 01:19 AM)clocey Wrote:  
(07-23-2019 04:51 PM)clocey Wrote:  

Has any more work been done on controlling this robot with an arduino or your standard board?

Hi,
Actually...yes. We can (finally) say that the control has been finished. Check this video testing the repeatability of the SCARA. Our board is modified Arduino M0 board with stepper motor drivers outputs (x3) and many other features (4x servo ports, MPU, SPI, Voltage regulated port, Wifi module...etc)

Repeatability test: https://www.jjrobots.com/wp-content/uplo...y-Test.mp4