Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
project UPDATES
02-22-2019, 12:03 PM
RE: project UPDATES
(02-21-2019 07:47 PM)clocey Wrote:  How are you planning on controlling the arm? I am thinking about using an arduino mega with a RAMPS 1.4 board. I would like to try to use this as a 3D printer or and engraver with my J Tech Photonics laser mounted on the end.
I have seen that there is an option to use MARLIN by enabling the SCARA option within.
Thought?

We have created an Arduino M0 board to control it (with 3 stepper motor outputs, servo outputs and additional 3-12V controllable port for an electromagnet or vacuum pump). That does not mean the SCARA can not be controlled by many other electronic boards like a Marlin board + Arduino MEGA (but it will need servos control)

We wanted to have everything in the same board and control it using Python.
The inverse kinematic is ready and the python libraries almost.

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-22-2019, 03:58 PM
AWESOME. Will your board allow us to use the arm as a 3D printer?
Find all posts by this user
02-25-2019, 01:07 PM
(02-22-2019 03:58 PM)clocey Wrote:  AWESOME. Will your board allow us to use the arm as a 3D printer?

The control board will need to heat a nozzle up and that will requiere a lot of power (current). The control board will not be able to handle that current but with an external MOSFET and temperature sensor is doable
03-05-2019, 02:03 AM
I have all the parts printed and I am waiting for the hardware to arrive. I ordered all the hardware listed but can you tell me what the 3x 623 ball bearings are for?
03-05-2019, 10:44 AM
(03-05-2019 02:03 AM)clocey Wrote:  I have all the parts printed and I am waiting for the hardware to arrive. I ordered all the hardware listed but can you tell me what the 3x 623 ball bearings are for?

2 ball bearings are used in the clamp. Another one here: http://forums.jjrobots.com/attachment.php?aid=390
You can see the ball bearing attached with a M3 10mm/6mm bolt on the bottom of the arm
03-05-2019, 03:09 PM
THANK YOU!!
03-23-2019, 12:39 AM
Any new updates? Everything is printed and most of my parts are in.
03-27-2019, 01:19 AM
What keeps the arm from sliding down? It does not look like there is anything directly under it. Is glue required to secure the larger bearings to the linear bearing on the vertical rod?
04-03-2019, 04:37 PM
A great deal of work!
04-03-2019, 08:52 PM
(03-27-2019 01:19 AM)clocey Wrote:  What keeps the arm from sliding down? It does not look like there is anything directly under it. Is glue required to secure the larger bearings to the linear bearing on the vertical rod?

If the large bearing and the circular bearing have the precise diameter, one will get into the other (You will need a small hammer to insert it properly). Doing this and holding with bolts the large bearing to the Z platform, everything will stay steady not sliding at all. I do not know If I am explaining myself. I will try to upload a photo ASAP