Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
project UPDATES
01-02-2018, 11:37 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2018 11:39 AM by JJrobots JP.)
project UPDATES
Hi everyone.
You will find the projects updates here: https://www.jjrobots.com/robotic-arm-sca...t-updates/

Please feel free to comment everything you want about this robotic arm.
Would you like a extremely small gripper for the arm? Concerned about its size?
You have had bad experiences with other robotic arms? which ones?

You can leave a comment in this sub-forum or just add it to the page indicated above using your facebook account.
It is now or never! :-)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-30-2018, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 01-30-2018 06:42 PM by robdobsn.)
RE: project UPDATES
(01-02-2018 11:37 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Hi everyone.
You will find the projects updates here: https://www.jjrobots.com/robotic-arm-sca...t-updates/

You can leave a comment in this sub-forum or just add it to the page indicated above using your facebook account.

Hi there, I wrote up a blog post http://robdobson.com/2018/01/not-so-droo...robot-arm/ about a SCARA I built a little while ago in case there is something there that might help you.
Find all posts by this user
01-31-2018, 12:26 PM
[/quote]

Hi there, I wrote up a blog post http://robdobson.com/2018/01/not-so-droo...robot-arm/ about a SCARA I built a little while ago in case there is something there that might help you.
[/quote]

Hi Rob,
Thank you for this.We will take a deep look at your post. It has a lot of useful info and ideas.

On our side: We are still testing the control board.

The ARMBOT frame is almost finished. The stability of the robot and accuracy/speed compromise has been the most time consuming thing to "solve". We have had to re-locate the motors more than 5 times redesigning the whole arm. Working with a fully extended arm (with load) shifted its center of gravity 6 cms making the Z axis very inaccurate (+- 5 mm). Now, without load the center of gravity is located between the motors (-11mm from the XY "origin") and with a load of 250 grams it moves to +15mm, not compromising balance or precision.

This is the current status of the robotic arm frame: [Image: Armbot-Vertical-and-horizontal-CLAMPs.png]

Would you like to collaborate once the control electronics are completely functional? We can send you a prototype version if you want.
11-30-2018, 03:11 PM
(01-02-2018 11:37 AM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Hi everyone.

Hi, J. I was wondering if it would be possible to use some Mechaduinos ([url=http://tropical-labs.com/mechaduino/]) with the stepper motors to close the loop. I'm afraid the only issue would be with z-axis, unless I use some kind of standoffs to create some space on the base. Would it cause any instability? What do you think? Thank you.
12-01-2018, 05:21 PM (This post was last modified: 12-01-2018 05:28 PM by JJrobots JP.)
Right now the steppers are not missing a single step and to close the loop we are using the smartphone camera (detecting some features on the "working area"). Even forcing with strong accelerations the arm, the stepper motors are behaving nicely
.mp4  SCARA.mp4 (Size: 2.67 MB / Downloads: 34)
02-09-2019, 08:46 PM
(12-01-2018 05:21 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Right now the steppers are not missing a single step and to close the loop we are using the smartphone camera (detecting some features on the "working area"). Even forcing with strong accelerations the arm, the stepper motors are behaving nicely

What is the status us us being able to start building one of these? I am really interested in making one!
02-11-2019, 02:15 PM
(02-09-2019 08:46 PM)clocey Wrote:  
(12-01-2018 05:21 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  Right now the steppers are not missing a single step and to close the loop we are using the smartphone camera (detecting some features on the "working area"). Even forcing with strong accelerations the arm, the stepper motors are behaving nicely

What is the status us us being able to start building one of these? I am really interested in making one!

Hi!
We are working on the control APP and python code. To be honest, making the robot affordable and easy to modify if needed is quite a job! We will post something soon. Thanks for the interest!

jjRobots TEAM
02-11-2019, 06:32 PM
(02-11-2019 02:15 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  

Hi!
We are working on the control APP and python code. To be honest, making the robot affordable and easy to modify if needed is quite a job! We will post something soon. Thanks for the interest!

jjRobots TEAM
If you have any of the .stl files available so I can start printing, it would be great. Otherwise I may start printing the robot you used as your reference.
02-14-2019, 03:01 AM
(02-11-2019 06:32 PM)clocey Wrote:  
(02-11-2019 02:15 PM)JJrobots JP Wrote:  

Hi!

jjRobots TEAM
If you have any of the .stl files available so I can start printing, it would be great. Otherwise I may start printing the robot you used as your reference.

Beta STL files are now available!
02-21-2019, 07:47 PM
How are you planning on controlling the arm? I am thinking about using an arduino mega with a RAMPS 1.4 board. I would like to try to use this as a 3D printer or and engraver with my J Tech Photonics laser mounted on the end.
I have seen that there is an option to use MARLIN by enabling the SCARA option within.
Thought?