Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
NEW OSCtouch layout and CODE for the B-robot EVO2
10-03-2017, 08:58 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 09:00 AM by JJrobots JP.)
NEW OSCtouch layout and CODE for the B-robot EVO2
jjrobots23153 made a new TouchOSC (attached into a zip file) layout that contains a xy control instead of the two faders. He also added the battery fader and voltage readout.

Great job Cliff!
We will keep updating this thread ;-)

Attached File(s)
.zip  BROBOTxy.zip (Size: 1.09 KB / Downloads: 64)
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2017, 02:44 PM (This post was last modified: 10-09-2017 08:02 PM by jjrobots23153.)
RE: NEW OSCtouch layout and CODE for the B-robot EVO2
These instructions are for using TouchOSC app on an iPhone only.

I wanted to use a joystick to control the BROBOT. I decided to change the BROBOT layout in TouchOSC to use the xy control instead of the two faders. My objective was to make the change transparent so that it would not effect the current layouts or apps. Included in the attached zip file is the OSCxy.ini file that accomplishes that.

. Unzip the attached file to a temporary folder.
. Copy the OSCxy.ini file to the folder that contains the Adruino source files.
. Rename the current OSC.ini file to OSC.ini.sav
. Start up the Arduino IDE and compile and upload it to the Leonardo board.

You will have to also send the new layout (BROBOTxy.touchosc) to the TouchOSC app on your iPhone.

When in the TouchOSC app on your iPhone you need to change one of the options to make the new battery indicators to work as shown in the attached screen shots.

. Go to settings. (white dot in the top right of the screen)
. Choose Options
. Select Send Ping (/ping).
. Set the Delay to some ware between 20s and 30s.
. You also have to have the Touch Messages (/z) ON to have the control return to center when you lift your finger.

When you first start to use the xy control place your finger in the center of the box. This will center the xy bullseye.

I have to give credit to sasa999 for his battery layout and the clue to make it work was to send the ping option from the app.

The instructions for doing most of this is in the assembly instructions from the main webpage. Follow this link: https://www.jjrobots.com/b-robot-evo-2-assembly-guide/

For those that have more skills then I have you can make the xy control more sensitive by going into the TouchOSC editor and reducing the width and height of the xy box.

If you choose not to use this layout after installing these changes you can go back and use the original layout without having to change the code.

I hope you enjoy using the xy control.
jjrobots23153

Attached File(s)
.zip  OSCxy.zip (Size: 231.53 KB / Downloads: 42)
Find all posts by this user
10-03-2017, 04:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2017 04:42 PM by jjrobots23153.)
If you just wanted to use the new battery indicator and keep the old layout using the faders you can download the layout below. But you will still have to download the OSCxy code from the previous posts and install that first and make the option changes
to the app also.

Attached File(s)
.zip  BROBOT_Batt.zip (Size: 1.02 KB / Downloads: 27)
10-03-2017, 05:32 PM
(10-03-2017 08:58 AM)jpedroc Wrote:  jjrobots23153 made a new TouchOSC (attached into a zip file) layout that contains a xy control instead of the two faders. He also added the battery fader and voltage readout.

Great job Cliff!
We will keep updating this thread ;-)

If you are using a different battery then the battery holder that came with the kit or a 9 volt battery you will have to make a change to the code to the OSCxy.ini file. At the top of the file are these instructions :
Code:
//   Battery voltage per battery Alkiline = 1.5, NiCad/NiMH = 1.25, Lipo = 4.2
// If using other then the 6 alkaline batterys in the battery holder or a 9 volt battery
// comment out the next line and uncomment the line for the battery you are using.
float Battery_Normal_Voltage = 9.0;    // Value of 6 alkaline batteries or 9 volt battery
//float Battery_Normal_Voltage = 7.5;     // Value of 6 NiCad/NiMh batteries
//float Battery_Normal_Voltage = 12.6;    // Value of a 3 call lipo battery
//float Battery_Normal_Voltage = 8.4;     // Value of a 2 call lipo battery