Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Help - new DIY brobot can't be controlled by JJrobots control APP
09-18-2017, 11:56 AM
Help - new DIY brobot can't be controlled by JJrobots control APP
Hi. Need help please.

I have built a DIY Brobot using Arduino Pro Micro (it appears as Leonardo in my Arduino IDE) with ESP-07, MPU6050 and A4988 stepper driver. I know Leonardo and Pro micros has differences with pin assignments and I have changed the pin 12 to pin 14 and have also change it port to PORTB, 3 (from PORTD,6). The code uploaded successfully and the ESP-07 is configured and communicating properly with the Pro Micro. The wheels changes direction if the robot is tilted depending on where the robot leans. I am able to connect my Android phone to it.

However, when I connect the JJrobots control APP to it, it connects but if I move the sliders (left-right, forward-backward) on the app gui, the robot doesn't responds. It won't turn on any directions.

Any idea and help would be highly appreciated.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-18-2017, 06:32 PM
RE: Help - new DIY brobot can't be controlled by JJrobots control APP
It could be a problem with the TX-RX lines on the ESP-07. They should be sending to the Arduino the control commands. Check them again. You can alternatively DEBUG the B-robot connected to the Arduino IDE and check if it is getting something from the WIFI module. Check the DEBUG options in the B-robot CODE
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-19-2017, 09:54 AM
RE: Help - new DIY brobot can't be controlled by JJrobots control APP
(09-18-2017 06:32 PM)jpedroc Wrote:  It could be a problem with the TX-RX lines on the ESP-07. They should be sending to the Arduino the control commands. Check them again. You can alternatively DEBUG the B-robot connected to the Arduino IDE and check if it is getting something from the WIFI module. Check the DEBUG options in the B-robot CODE

I have found the solution somehow. Thank you sir for your prompt reply. Yes indeed the TX and RX is working because it can send the AT commands and display the response on the serial monitor. The problem is solved when I uploaded the latest Brobot_evo2 Arduino sketch. (I used the older version of it, very noob of me eh!) Now, its working perfectly well. I am really enjoying playing and controlling it around my room. I'm currently building my smaller version of the B-robot Evo2.

Thank you for this wonderful project-cheers from the Philippines
Find all posts by this user