Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BRobot Oscillation then fall over
06-23-2017, 03:52 PM (This post was last modified: 06-23-2017 04:26 PM by Bondo.)
RE: BRobot Oscillation then fall over
(06-23-2017 12:27 PM)JohnQ Wrote:  That IMU placement looks like a little bit... strange. Can you try to place it closer to the motor and in the middle of the robot? (rotational axis) I am pretty sure the IMU is not providing good data placed on one side of the robot.
And another tip: the i2c cable used is too long. It is very sensitive to noise. I would reduce its length

Keep us udpdated!

I have done all of this. I have used a short cable as per the instructions on the website, placing the IMU on top of the Brain shield in the centre of the robot, but it makes absolutely no difference to the behaviour. I have tried shielded cable. No difference. I cannot make the i2c cable any shorter otherwise it would not reach the IMU. There must be something else causing this.

I noted that the stepper motor driver heat sinks are very poorly matched to the chips. If they are not placed exactly onto the top of the chip, they can short out the components on the board. Just thought I'd mention that.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
BRobot Oscillation then fall over - Bondo - 06-22-2017, 04:58 PM
RE: BRobot Oscillation then fall over - Bondo - 06-23-2017 03:52 PM