Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Having problems detecting the Arduino?: Checking things
04-09-2019, 12:07 PM
RE: Having problems detecting the Arduino?: Checking things
Sphere-O-Bot Arduino Leonardo does not connect to InkScape on one computer running Windows 10. The EggBot extension is available but InkScape does not see it.
I can use the Arduino IDE serial monitor window and send the SM,2000,0,-200 command and Shere-O-Bot head motor drives.
When I try to use the EggBot extension in InkScape I get the following message:
Traceback (most recent call last): (Yes, I have changed the eggbot.py file with the one mentioned in other places on this forum.

File "eggbot.py", line 1406, in <module>
e.affect()
File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\inkex.py", line 268, in affect
self.effect()
File "eggbot.py", line 318, in effect

self.EggbotOpenSerial()
File "eggbot.py", line 1299, in EggbotOpenSerial
self.serialPort = self.getSerialPort()
File "eggbot.py", line 1356, in getSerialPort
for strComPort in eggbot_scan.findEiBotBoards():
File "C:\Program Files\Inkscape\share\extensions\eggbot_scanwin32.py", line 6, in findEiBotBoards
hKey = _winreg.OpenKey( hReg, r"SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_04D8&PID_FD92" )
WindowsError: [Error 2] The system cannot find the file specified

I have replaced the eggbot.py with the one recomended in another thread on this forum. I have also made sure the serial port is com 2 and is at 9600,8,none,1 and none for the flow control.

Again the motor does drive in the serial monitor window of the arduino ide.

help please.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2019, 02:50 PM
RE: Having problems detecting the Arduino?: Checking things
I have had this issue and now have it resolved.
I deleted all of the eggbot files on my computer. I uninstalled the 64bit version of InkScape.
To fix the issue I installed the 32 bit version of Inkscape. Then I installed the EggBot Software: version 2.4.0. Once that was installed I changed the eggbot.py file as indicated here: http://forums.jjrobots.com/showthread.php?tid=1199. I then went into the device manager and changed the serial port to com 2 from com 17 for the Arduino Leonardo. At this point I rebooted the computer. After the reboot Inkscape recognized the Shero-O-Bot hardware and works.
I am running Windows 10 on an Intel I7 64bit with 32gb ram and an 8gb video card. The Shere-O-Bot hardware does not like the 64bit version of Inkskape and the eggbot.py python file needs to be replaced. Also make sure your serial port is below 4 or below on the com ports.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply